• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yowamushi Pedal (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
It doesn't matter if Midousuji wins, he's never going to pass the drug test...
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
#38 Final

spoiler[Kyoto Fushimi in the lead with Hakone very close.
Sohoku is gonna have to hurry to catch up to them.
Hime train full power ahead!
Midousuji ran his mouth like usual, but he was feeling the pressure.
His plan was going down the drain fast.
Looks like it's gonna be an intense 3 way.
Onoda was feeling the exhaustion through & through.
This is where true teamwork showed ^^
Damn them for ending it without ending Day 2!!
It's gonna be torture waiting for next season..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 38/Finale

That was great. It was nice seeing spoiler[Sakamachi's team catch up again. The bits of bromance and teamwork were also heartwarming imo during the course of this race.]

For Hakone though, I wonder how far they will come in the end. I think spoiler[Midousuji has another plan.] Inb4 he goes crazy again. Overall, I'm rating this Excellent. With that cliffhanger, I am super excited for the next season!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 38 (final)

What, it is ending there?

I don't rate shows I don't finish, so I have been waiting a while to rate this. I rate it Not really good, it was really difficult for me to watch this show often, and I was partially ready to quit early on, how I lasted 38 episodes is almost a mystery. The reason I think my rating was especially apt was that overall I thought it was not really good, but there some parts in the series that made it not a total waste of time despite that, but with so many episodes you will hope for that.

It could be that I am really not a fan of sports anime or sports in general, but recently Haikyu has shown me that I can find it enjoyable. Yowamushi Pedal was corny, took things too seriously, was ridiculous, overdramatic, had annoying twists, and "abs". Still I liked Naruko, and some of the atmosphere could be fun, but it was a hard watch, almost like I had been riding uphill the entire time, and for that I feel kind of proud I made it to the finish line, or at least this checkpoint.
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:07 am Reply with quote
Not being a huge fan of sports anime myself, i enjoyed this show for the most part because everything was so ridiculously DRAMATIC and over-the-top. Sure, it made me eyeroll quite a bit but i also had a lot of fun.

But the real question is: spoiler[will they actually manage to finish the Inter High in the second season?!] If it continues at this pace, i seriously doubt it...
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
They only have one day of competition left, so unless it's less than 6 episodes long I'd say Season II will finish the first inter-high (yeah, the FIRST one... the first season covered less than half of the manga out so far).

I can't wait for October... maybe I'll buy a TV and DVR so I can actually watch it when it airs. Hah.

I am a little disappointed that season I ended on a cliffhanger though.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
OVA

spoiler[Onoda's anime loving otaku nature got some attention.
Well, it was about time for it too.
Since in the series that part was practically left out.
Only that "Hime" song was mentioned a few times.
Makishima so didn't enjoy that otaku display.
Yet he managed to help out more than he understood.
That sure was a fun episode ^^]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Yowamushi Pedal Season 2 episode 1:
Wow, they didn't waste any time at all. spoiler[It picks up right after the ending of season 1 so the race is on. I liked the momentum of the episode. And even though I don't like Midousuji or his team much, it is quite a powerhouse.]

Now we need a bit of Andy & Frank as well as Hime song.

Also, has season 2 confirmed yet to be another 3 cour
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

It is going to take a lot of work to change my opinion of dislike for this show. Since I last watched this another sports anime managed to practically blow me away. I think the most entertaining part is how creepy Midousuji is.

I know that onlookers being totally shocked is a staple of this sort of thing, but you would think that the participants are pulling off impossible feats at every turn. And that all of the onlookers have to perfectly describe the situation in perfect clarity using professional words that makes you wonder why they are not riding, they unlikely even know what was happening earlier. "Why did we chose this spot to watch all day?" "Because when they come, we can be totally surprised when they are riding really fast downhill really close to the finish line, and comment on that fact out loud."

I am having funny ideas that people just do that in everyday situations. "Did you see how fast he tied his shoelaces?!" "Mum is cooking curry tonight!" "My dog fetched a ball!" Actually more impressive was how that guy dropped the food from his mouth, and the next thing we see he is placing it in his back pocket.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I won't deny that I love this series only for how stupid everything is. Everyone overreacts to everything, Midousuji is still an entertaining Disney villain and despite some of these tactics holding real life validation it's super unrealistic even by anime standards.

If i didn't turn my brain off when i was watching this I think it would explode...... Shocked
Banken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Yes, righting someone by hand on a road bike is absolutely absurd. As is supporting someone. You simply can't ride that close, because you will crash. One scene shows Imaizumi so close to Kinjo that his bike would have had to been overlapping with Kinjo's, which is not something you do in cycling because, again, you will crash. But I think that was just bad directing.

That said, I don't see why anyone would say this episode was particularly dumb. If everyone is in incredibly good shape, then the thing that makes the difference is who can push themselves the hardest. Hence the overreacting.

Plus, it's not his tactics that are wrong, it's its personality. I think the fact that he doesn't feel bad about being a dick is what turns legit tactics into being a Disney villain.

Also, I think the crowd's reaction to his near-crash is totally justified. Crashing at downhill speeds on a road bike can be fatal. That said, the whole thing would have happened so fast they shouldn't have had time to say anything about it.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Midousuji made his move.
Damn, that was impressive as hell.
I wouldn't mind at all if he won this one.
Kinjou really is a true leader.
It was obvious just how exhausted everyone was..
I just love how this anime is intense!
Midousuji's scared face after seeing to two right behind him was priceless!!
Still, it's gonna be a tight finish... next time.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
This race feels a bit dragged imo but was still intense as usual. The way Midosuji makes his sharp angle turns is a bit scary....

Yet, I think whoever wins this well definitely deserves it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 2

Again, how in the hell can the onlookers comment on the situation with reference to what happened when they could only see a small bit? And they are all pretty much suffering from shock when they may not understand the context, that is two people coming really that shocking? They have already said that they can't really know anything other than I guess a car showing what place people are at certain checkpoints, so the fact a commentary of how things is going from the people on the side is just silly.

Also Midousuji thinking of people as stupid for thinking something is gross, isn't what he did last season was call a lot of things gross? And he calls the others weak for helping each other because of friendship, hasn't he used his own people far more to make himself come out on top?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 3:

Great character background highlight for spoiler[Akira. I feel bad for what happened now in his past especially with way he was bullied and what happened to his mother. Life just never plays fair....]

Anyways, the match itself was great with all the buildup butspoiler[ it doesn't look like Akira won this time.] Maybe another chance in the future though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 22 of 30