• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Non Non Biyori (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:00 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Episode 4

I loved/hated this episode. I could easily have lived the rest of my life quite happily without having to see spoiler[Renge so sad.] I found that just gut-wrenching. Come on, man, this is so supposed to be my "soothing" show. I don't need this shit.

It also pisses me off because it's such a typically Japanese reason: spoiler[oh, work is calling me back early? Well, of course that means EVERYBODY'S holiday is over because God forbid I go back by myself. HELL NO, THAT'S NOT THE JAPANESE WAY!]

Whatever. Hopefully, next week we'll be back to just soothing, low-key humour.

surely what happened afterwards must have made up for that?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:08 am Reply with quote
It helped, but didn't completely assuage my outrage that spoiler[poor little Renge-chan had to undergo that experience.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
My problem is that they held on her normal face too long. It was to the point where I kept urging the show to do something. When her expression finally did change, it was still pretty effective.

It was a bit unexpected, but this show is slice of life, and unfortunately stuff like that happens in life.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Funniest episode yet! Anime smile
Poor Komari, it must be embarrassing to get mistaken for a lost child when your the oldest person out of the group.
Actually.......Komari is the only one who seems to have a somewhat realistic height for her age (besides Renge) if you ask me. I mean the fact that Hotaru is in 5th grade and she's THAT big..........like what the hell, she has to be some kind of mutant Confused

Also i wonder if people REALLY have convenience stores like that in the country. If you had something like that in the city you would have been robbed blind in less than 30 minutes lol!
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
My favorite episode so far from this series. spoiler[Komari was treated as a kid and Renge trolled Natsumi ahahahaha]. The ending was priceless too. Now I know the meaning of that title...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Hotaru is simply too adorable. She also has a rather stacked body for a 10/11 year old girl.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
Slacker Sensei continues to crack me up. I love her rationale for why it wouldn't be her fault if Komari really was spoiler[lost/kidnapped].

And where do I apply to adopt Ren-chon?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:35 am Reply with quote
I knew that when the teacher mentioned that she came as friend she would spoiler[say that she had no blame]. I thought she would be a failure of an adult if she spoiler[left the station without making sure the kids came back, but she actually fell asleep], I think that might be worse.

Natsumi was a little mean in spoiler[swapping bowls], great that her conscience set things right. Although the troll that spoiler[Renge was looking at a bug] was funny. I feel so bad for Komari, I guess since I am 180cm I don't look at the inconvenience of shorter people. I found it funny where she said that she spoiler[padded her height a little to say 140cm, and over the loudspeaker they said she was 130].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Lol, that plan to spoiler[hide away the exams sure backfired], didn't it?

Pretty funny episode overall. The part with the spoiler[plushies was amusing and the ghost.] I also felt that I got trolled by Renge AGAIN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

That is one extreme spoiler[growth spurt], I would imagine she could have gotten a spoiler[complex from just a year] like that. And that spoiler[many plushies of] her senpai, I think she has gone a little further from usual adoration.

And those fireworks, the close-ups looked practically real. But Renge, so random with writing spoiler[herself into a game of house as a fish].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
Oh Renge, you are always so adorable using those simple tricks to catch spoiler[rabbits. Unfortunately, it seems like one of those rabbits had the smarts and pulled a fast one this episode.]

;.;
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Me and my friend had NOTHING to do today and watched the first few episodes of this.

When they were over, I actually said "It's over already?!" There's something about this show. It just captivates you and when it's done you're pissed that it ended and confused at how it could've passed so calmly. It just sort of...flows through you, not really affecting you, but charming none-the-less.

I wonder if Suguru does anything later on or if he's just comic relief.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm always a little sad when an episode ends, too. Imo, this kind of confection is devilishly hard to pull off. It would be so easy for it to fall into either tedium or twee (and perhaps for some viewers, it does) but it works like gang-busters on me. Ren-chan is my favourite. Her earnestness cracks me up, every time.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
This episode was hilarious. Oniichan's masterpiece got destroyed because it was not kid safe enough for Renge. That bunny smirk. Then we got the scene with Hotaru being consoled by Renge despite being the older one.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quote
Definitely the show I look most forward to watching. Couldn't help but feel bad for Suguru Sad Gone, just like that. I'm not a big fan or Ren, though. She can be cute at times, but it is not cute when she tries too hard to be cute; it is just annoying. Anyway, next episode spoiler[romance be in the air?? That's the kind of episode I've been waiting for Smile Hopefully we get at least a TINY hint that Hotaru has thing for Suguru]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 15