• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gundam Build Fighters TV (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 am Reply with quote
15-20 dollar model kits are just the cheap ones. Any modern Master Grade will cost you more like 4500-5000 yen for the suits without a lot of extras, and probably more like 7500 for ones with a ton of extra parts. And Perfect Grades, for all the work needed to even construct those let alone paint or customize*? No way.

I remember from the Gunpla OVA that customization made your suit more powerful, as did things like properly sanding off sprues and taking care in the building.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2
I think the OP song is alright so I probably won't be skipping it.

Reiji ftw though this episode. I just love his personality so far as a troublemaker Anime hyper. I'm also glad he beat that spoiler[Gorilla face]. The match was a bit fast though....oh well. spoiler[Yuuki] was a lot tougher than I had thought. Intense. I feel like he's a different person once he gets into his game face mode. This episode just got even better than the pilot episode.

LMAO @ that ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:46 pm Reply with quote
This show is like a beautiful love child between Medabots/Yugioh/Beyblade/Zoids and Gundam. It has all the delights of a gundam fight without the crying teenage pilot inside! It might be just a giant toy commercial (heck the 1st episode didn't have an op or ed just some commericals) but I am enjoying it thoroughly something I haven't been able to do with a gundam show (or affilated I suppose) since G Gundam. Favorite part for episode two wasspoiler[ the Model Club president when he started fighting. Calm pretty boy president by day raging gunpla pilot by night! Or something like that, definitely can see his inner nerd shine right then. So that's two people I've seen this season whose personalities are tweaked when they pull their hair back].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when spoiler[Yuuki will get beat in this show. I think he is undefeated on-screen so far....so someday will likely be a day when he earns his first loss.]

Oh well, the latest episode (especially second half) was decent enough. Next episode looks like a spoiler[beach episode so goodbye clothes, hello fun!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shizari the Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:07 am Reply with quote
since 1979, Gundam has been a franchise that has entertained many people, old and young alike. And with Gunpla launching in 1980, fans have been able to put together their own favorite mechs and whatnot, for either display, or to re-enact scenes from the show.

Naturally, this show was the inevitable conclusion.

Is it the best thing to happen to the franchise? the worst? Or just another general "meh" for the franchise?

[EDIT: Merged your thread with the main one. -TK]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 17:

Mao is pretty awesome and so is his master.

That was an incredible battle though between Reiji/Sei vs Mao. The OST, action, coordination of their moves, and everything fit perfectly. spoiler[Mini Mao from the flashback] was also cute. I did find his voice a bit high pitched though. But seriously, that training method....

Oh well, you know what they say, 'no pain, no game'.

Nice to see Misaki back in this episode too. Next episode should be interesting. It seems like thosespoiler[ two brothers aren't exactly playing fair in their match according to the PV].
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:16 am Reply with quote
The festival episode was just a lot of fun. Has anyone compiled the various cameo characters? I could recognize a few of them, but not nearly all of them (the episode features cameos from tons of classic Gundam characters like Char).
GiraffeTsuki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:57 am Reply with quote
FOR ONCE, I found a Gundam series without a problematic teenager piloting a huge big robot proclaiming that he and his gundam friends wants peace in the world. [No offense. I love Gundam. My favorite series is Gundam 00 s1, not s2, didn't really like s2].

If I'm not mistaken Yu-Gi-Oh was also for a 'kids show' and seriously I would not let a 7 year old watch that after s3 I think... it became dark and cool! Shocked I haven't watched this yet, but everyone knows that the only anime kid show that got stuck being an anime kid show is Pokemon. And we still love it! I mean.. even Bakugan sort of changed.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:23 am Reply with quote
Wow, ep 24 was all sorts of nonsense. I really wish that the main character's Gundam wasn't defined by handwavium. The other ones are so much more interesting with having to actually justify themselves.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
The official site has updated with new info on season 2. It'll be called Gundam Build Fighters TRY and apparently focus on team battles. Mains are a kung-fu kid, China's brother, and a Gundam fangirl.

New cast looks promising, though I'm more looking forward to seeing what the old gang's been up to.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Yup, I saw that yesterday. Thanks for the bump. I can't wait to see some of the other mecha models of this season.

I wonder if we will see Aila again.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:28 am Reply with quote
Gundam Build Try episode 1:

Beautiful. That was glorious. Overall, I really enjoyed the episode with the mechanics, mecha battles w/action, and characters so far. It really didn't waste any time at all.

Now, I wonder if season 1's characters might make a cameo later on? It's possible but so far, I am quite pleased at what I've seen.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Lots of action that's for sure.
spoiler[Red haired guy looks interesting.
Mirai sure knows how to charm her way out of trouble.
He got sucked into Gunpla world fast enough..]

Looks nice, but not my thing.
Skipping it.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Awesome start. Build Fighters is back in top form!
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 2:

I liked season 1's OP songs better but this season's OP song is good too. The battle in this episode was well coordinated with teamwork. I like how the OST was utilized too to capture every moment of that fight.

Anyways, one thing I'm really curious is spoiler[Yuu's past considering it influenced him greatly of his present self (in particular with Gunpla battles). I think he has a crush on Sekai's sister too LOL.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3