• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crunchyroll rating.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jevali

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I just signed up for Crunchyroll in the uk. And I got no clue which is the best. It seems the most popular is simply what is the most current. I literally have no clue about 80% of the content.

Is there any list somewhere that has the full list of what is currently available that I can sort by rating?

Or even the top shows current on crunchy roll would be cool
(Like animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/ratings-anime.php )

I get the fact that ann may not be that keen as it may seem as Crunchyroll advertising or something. But it's a feature I would really appreciate.

Thanks yo
Miranox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I don't think sorting by rating would help you on Crunchyroll. Most of the shows seem to be 4 stars or higher. Sorting such a restricted set of ratings is impossible. The "popular" shows are probably sorted by number of monthly views, which is far more accurate than the star rating system. You don't seem to have a specific anime you're looking for so just start with the shows you see there.
larinon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
One way you can refine the list of shows is to choose a Genre first then select one to watch. In some cases this still leaves you quite a bit to choose from, but it narrows it down at least.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Jevali

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:35 am Reply with quote
ah nice one. I didn't see the option on the ps3/ipad (i'll double check the ipad again tonight)

i do find the popular/simulcast/latest options quite odd, they are mostly the same selection.

Makes sense that popular is what's seen most that month, but there may be some old classics in there that people don't watch that much, cause of the (maybe worse but still temporarily 'hot') new stuff.

I'll make short list from the genre section, maybe cross check it via the ANN database Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1