• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP's Kobato Manga to End in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
WEll now that its ending I hope it will be released faster now
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 pm Reply with quote
People seem to forget that CLAMP will be working on Blood-C this summer. Gate 7 is not the only work. As for Kobato, I really enjoyed it. Not so much as say Chobits, CCS, or xxxholic but it was certainly a nice manga. However, Kobato's story really could not go much further given its context. Hopefully they wrap it up nicely though.

As for X, I thought it is technically finished but the last volume was simply never released because of "content issues"
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Wow. I figured it was close to finishing, just not THIS close. Buuut... okay. Sure, I'm ready for it to end. No point dragging it out too long.

I've said before, I REALLY didn't like the ending to the anime, so I'm curious to see how the manga ends. Very Happy Though it wasn't a GREAT manga, it was still a very welcome change of pace from the seriousness and messy storylines that became xxxHolic and Tsubasa. (much as I do love those series... yikes...)
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I was burned bad by the xxxholic ending, and I'm going to wait until the ending of Kobato is published and hear how it turns out, to see if I want to pick up the series. Hell I don't even think it would have to be a good ending, but anending.
Julia-the-Great

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:25 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
I was burned bad by the xxxholic ending, and I'm going to wait until the ending of Kobato is published and hear how it turns out, to see if I want to pick up the series. Hell I don't even think it would have to be a good ending, but an ending.

CLAMP broke my heart with that ending to xxxHolic. It left me mopey for days every time I thought about it. But, I don't think Kobato is long enough to disappoint me as bitterly as xxxHolic did.
Wiesteria

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote
[quote="sainta"]
Lizzie_B wrote:
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I don't care about its continuation with X/1999, but you can't end a series in such a pause.

The reason they don't want to finish X/1999 is because the editors are afraid of the graphic scenes, not to mention the recent disaster that happended.

I meant that Tokyo Babylon did not have a proper ending. Readers who wanted to what was going to Subaru had to go through all the X manga, where he became a secondary character. I wish it had a proper continuation with just an adult and darker Subaru doing his works while following Seishiro.

I...actually liked the ending of Tokyo Babylon. I liked it so much that I was displeased about it continuing as a sub-plot in X. The ending was shocking and dark and I loved it, but I can see why other readers might not. To each their own I guess.

I really, really hope Clamp ends Kobato well. I haven't seen a satisfying ending from them in a long time.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Wiesteria"]
sainta wrote:
Lizzie_B wrote:
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:
I don't care about its continuation with X/1999, but you can't end a series in such a pause.

The reason they don't want to finish X/1999 is because the editors are afraid of the graphic scenes, not to mention the recent disaster that happended.

I meant that Tokyo Babylon did not have a proper ending. Readers who wanted to what was going to Subaru had to go through all the X manga, where he became a secondary character. I wish it had a proper continuation with just an adult and darker Subaru doing his works while following Seishiro.

I...actually liked the ending of Tokyo Babylon. I liked it so much that I was displeased about it continuing as a sub-plot in X. The ending was shocking and dark and I loved it, but I can see why other readers might not. To each their own I guess.

I really, really hope Clamp ends Kobato well. I haven't seen a satisfying ending from them in a long time.

I also liked the last volume but not as an ending. It would have been an awesome turn of events if the series had continued on its own, but it simply ended.
sainta

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Julia-the-Great wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:
I was burned bad by the xxxholic ending, and I'm going to wait until the ending of Kobato is published and hear how it turns out, to see if I want to pick up the series. Hell I don't even think it would have to be a good ending, but an ending.

CLAMP broke my heart with that ending to xxxHolic. It left me mopey for days every time I thought about it. But, I don't think Kobato is long enough to disappoint me as bitterly as xxxHolic did.

Same here. What disappointed me the most is that xxxHolic Ro appeared to have an objective like the original series that developed Watanuki's character, but as chapters followed, Clamp started playing time-skipping without development. In Tsubasa.... I think Clamp wanted to confuse us with the Cardcaptor Sakura references, and I'm not really good at discussing the last plot twist cos not even the series Lost is sure if that the future can be affected or it is also tied up to begin with.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:00 am Reply with quote
Yay! I was kinda worried that they might drop Kobato,so I'm glad it's gonna end. I kinda thought so when I read the latest chapter a few days ago, so yeah...And I would so wish that they would pick up Legal Drug (X too, but I think that one might be more problematic), but I really want to see Legal Drug see the light of day again and have a proper ending...I know they said it was 1/5 of the story done (My math is not great so that would make it what, 15 volumes?) But if they can't/want to do it that long, as long as it had a proper ending,since the relationship between Kazahaya and Rikuo was barely starting to take off!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Now I'm srsly worried. Haven't read the ending of Holic but with it veering into Tsubasa's territory of nonsensical gibberish I'm already cautious.

Hope CLAMP goes back to Legal Drug and Clover. I've heard great things about the latter and really enjoyed the former.
Lady Multi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:53 am Reply with quote
Kit-Tsukasa wrote:
As for X, I thought it is technically finished but the last volume was simply never released because of "content issues"

It was that, CLAMP didn't have a clear ending in mind, publisher/serialization issue, or ...something else...

I just know Fuuma is probably really tired of holding that sword up for... (how many years has it been?)
javeska

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote
[quote="Wiesteria"]
sainta wrote:
Lizzie_B wrote:
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

And here I thought I was the only one who liked the ending for Tokyo Babylon. CLAMP's happily ending stuff is great if always awesome, but I am a huge fan of open ended, depressing stuff. (Which means I totally loved the last chapter of Holic.)

I really REALLY wish that CLAMP would get back to ...gagh...what is the name of it....

Legend of Chun Hyang

Or at the very least give it some good closure.
mufurc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:33 am Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:
sainta wrote:
Aura Ichadora wrote:

I'm pretty sure that's pure bullcrap. For one, it's not like there haven't been graphic scenes in X/1999 before, and two, there are a number of shoujo manga that have pretty dark and graphic scenes (for older manga just think of the Miss Pudding story in Earl Cain... the one that ends with the boy knee-deep in blood and intestines, eating his torturers). For the publisher being afraid of releasing those "graphic scenes" they must be on the level of Berserk or Hellsing, something I really doubt. The end featuring buildings collapsing and devastating natural disasters is an excuse I could buy, except it's not like these things happen all the time, not even in Japan, so I'm pretty sure they could've found a time where the ending could've been published without causing public unrest. (Well, not anymore.) Basically, I think if CLAMP really cared they would've done something about it either way.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I personally loved the cute optimistic Subaru, so watching more angsty adventures with emo Subaru would just make my little heart break :<
My wish is my name. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2