• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2013-10-09

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
@Zac

Is ANN or Robin going to publish a compilation of all the Anime News Nina! comics?
brucepuppy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
It's a very entertaining series. Nina and her gang often made my day with some of their funniest jokes.

I'll certainly stay tuned for the rest of the finale.

Hope ANN can have another mascot comic strip someday.
DTJB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the changing of the seasons.
HeeroTX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one surprised that Paola JUST graduated high school? I kinda thought she was always already in college. Shocked

(I'm also kinda surprised that "going to college" means "can't hang out at cons anymore", I always thought that point was "gotta go get a job now")
Fory-san

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Okay...finding out this news felt like a punch in the stomach. Sad Thank you so much for all the laughter you have given us all these years. Your work was my one of my favorite webcomics. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, another series already now going to be finished soon, it had a good long run. >_>
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
I really love this comic, and the writing makes me feel very similar in situation to these characters. I often show these comics to my friends to show what the American anime community is about.

When I started reading this comic, I still lived in America and was in high school (did I REALLY graduate 2 years ago?!). Now I'm in Japan, and I'm doing awesome things. I always looked forward to reading Anime News Nina at noon Tokyo time once every few weeks (when I moved, of course). Thank you so much for all your dedication, and I look forward to reading the final strips.

...And wow! It started in 2007?! I mean, I knew this at a time, but forgot... Thanks for the work for 6 years!!
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:

A perfectly matching video for the occasion. Brought a tear to my eye.

Will definitely miss Nina and the gang, and the witty observations that were transformed into panels, colours, characters and humour. I look forward to the remaining strips, though I think they'll be tinged with some sadness.

Good luck, Robin, and many thanks. May you and the gang blaze many happy trails.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
It seems another great staple of ANN is leaving in due time. It's interesting having stuck this long with the site and seeing great folks come and go. Always looked forward to Nina and her wacky adventures as the time flew by. Well, this sort of news just teaches us to appreciate what we enjoy and I'm sure we all do here. Of course, this great comic series couldn't have been possible without Robin. =3
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
Zac: Maybe you can hire the Thin H Line/Sexy Losers guy, so he'll be funny again, instead of emo.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Zac: Maybe you can hire the Thin H Line/Sexy Losers guy, so he'll be funny again, instead of emo.

Blast from the past from the 90's.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
@Zac

Is ANN or Robin going to publish a compilation of all the Anime News Nina! comics?

I would like that as well, but print publishing is expensive, especially so because it would have to be 4-color.

Maybe kickstarter???
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:46 am Reply with quote
What? Anime News Nina is ending?

No fair...I love this comic. Sad
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
(I'm also kinda surprised that "going to college" means "can't hang out at cons anymore", I always thought that point was "gotta go get a job now")

She didn't say she couldn't go to cons, she said she couldn't commit to anything. Possibly moving out of state, where you don't know where you'll be, you don't know your school schedule, you don't know your class schedule, you don't know what your work load will be... that's a lot of variables.

And most people, if they're serious about college, can't simply skip out on a few days of classes to go to cons, especially if they're not local and require travel time. Let alone the risk of getting con crud and missing more class.

Depending on the area Paola ends up in, she might be able to manage one or two local cons, but I'd say anything out-of-state isn't going to be feasible, unless it's during breaks.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:12 am Reply with quote
HeeroTX wrote:
Am I the only one surprised that Paola JUST graduated high school? I kinda thought she was always already in college. Shocked

I was also surprised by this.

Will the entire webcomic remain archived at ANN?

Last edited by Jedi Master on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3