• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Galilei Donna (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:26 am Reply with quote
I consider this one my "trainwreck of the year" considering how much I started liking it vs how little I liked it in the end. It reminded me of distracted sex. Like when you and her are both preoccupied with something and decide it's just a bad time and stop without finishing. It's still generally enjoyable but you're better off doing something else and giving it (in this case meaning the production staff) another try later.

Surrender Artist wrote:
The worst thing was that it made me think that the parents starred in a much more interesting show off screen.

1000x this. I wanna see what went on with them because it was apparently a lot.

As for loli ancestor incest whatever stuff, it didn't even cross my mind and I'm the guy using sex to describe the entire show so you can't say it's because I don't think naughty things.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
You're discounting the era. Juliet was only 13 (like Hozuki, who is not prepubescent), and Paris said of her, "Younger than she are happy mothers made." When the average life expectancy was 35 or 40, people married almost as soon as they hit puberty, and 13 was considered an adult. So it's not really fair to judge Galileo by modern standards and label him a pedophile. Even today, 13 year old girls (14 for boys) in New Hampshire can be legally married with parental consent and a judicial waiver, and several states have similar allowances for 14 year olds.

The problem is that the girl in this anime is a child, not 13 year old.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:14 am Reply with quote
No, Hozuki is 13. She just looks like she's 10 (because anime), which I figured was one of the reasons he didn't make a move on her.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:04 pm Reply with quote
But the anime never mentioned she is 13 (and even if they would, it would be fake trick to avoid paedophilia charges, moving formal age of character to "Loli" age).
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:09 am Reply with quote
It was on the Wanted poster for the girls in episode 3.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:12 am Reply with quote
Thanks; legally, they pass, though not the way it was depicted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 19 of 19