• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: rain

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
To say "this looks like a PS2 game," would be doing Rain an injustice, but you could say Rain looks like how we remember PS2 games look, when our nostalgia applies a graphical upgrade beyond what 2001's hardware could muster
I don't remember PS2 games looking like that as these graphics have textures aplenty (albeit low res) which is something the PS2 was known for lacking. Though I'm posting really about the year you wrote, 2001, as the PS2 debuted in 2000, which would make its hardware far older than 2001.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
That the point. He's saying it looks like we remember PS2 games looking, not how they actually look. Like how you revisit any retro game which you thought was great at the time, but now you wonder how you ever put up with it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
giseki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:27 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Quote:
To say "this looks like a PS2 game," would be doing Rain an injustice, but you could say Rain looks like how we remember PS2 games look, when our nostalgia applies a graphical upgrade beyond what 2001's hardware could muster
I don't remember PS2 games looking like that as these graphics have textures aplenty (albeit low res) which is something the PS2 was known for lacking. Though I'm posting really about the year you wrote, 2001, as the PS2 debuted in 2000, which would make its hardware far older than 2001.

Shocked

I just want to say i found this post offensive to the extreme. just critical for no reason.

the first sentence suggests idiocy... and the second.... the playstation 2 was released in north america in October 2000...November for Europe. how is that far older than 2001?

...now that i think about it...this post must be sarcastic in it's pedantry or something...like some clever satirical critique of pedantic forum posting maybe...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1