• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 TV Anime Confirmed

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:30 am Reply with quote
Yes. This was inevitable after all the subliminal advertising this particular animation company did for part 3, but it's nice to finally see it officially announced! Having never actually read Part 3 myself, is it 26-episode length material or is it about the same length as the previous individual arcs from the first season?
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quote
Finally, Road Roller!
vapwaazu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:50 am Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:
Having never actually read Part 3 myself, is it 26-episode length material or is it about the same length as the previous individual arcs from the first season?

It's longer than both combined. People have been saying this may need at least 3 cour if it doesn't skip anything. Without spoiling anything about 3/4 of the characters are major arcana tarot card related so there's that to think about

Last edited by vapwaazu on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:52 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:50 am Reply with quote
Character designer is not Takako Shimizu but Masahiko Komino.

清水貴子 vs. 小美野雅彦, look at the picture again.

Last edited by Saeglopur25 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:00 am Reply with quote
Great, now when are we ever getting the other anime licensed? With All Star Battle being localized and Viz rereleasing part 3 on digital it would make sense for someone to go for the anime, ESPECIALLY this part. Although if they end up making it 3 cour length that might as well mean we won't ever get it.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 am Reply with quote
Yes Yes Yes, been waiting for this Very Happy. More Oraoraora and Mudamudamuda.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:48 am Reply with quote
Oh hell yes!
We knew it was going to happen, but nice to have the confirmation.
Hopefully they can get this out next year some time!
Also, I think they are possibly going to have to do about 35-40 episodes if they are going to adapt this correctly, as it's a lot longer than Part 1 and 2, and arguably a lot more popular as well.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:56 am Reply with quote
I hope they can pump in better animation this time around, since they can bank on it selling even better.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:15 am Reply with quote
Sweetness. My favourite all-natural testosterone supplement.
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:28 am Reply with quote
Macho Man: OH YEEEEEEEEEUH!

Seriously, this just made my day. I hope they eventually end up doing all the parts.

This will definitely require more episodes, probably about 37. It covers volumes 13 through 28 of the manga, which is longer than the first two arcs together by three volumes.
JOTAROORAORAORA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:46 am Reply with quote
Okay I only registered to say the following thing. I usually only read the posts, never saying anything but...

HOLY LORD HAVE MERCY I AM GOING TO SING BLOODY STREAM ALL DAY I'LL RUN ON THE STREETS SCREEMING JOJO IS BACK
I'LL KISS SOME RANDOM GIRL I'LL GO PUNCH A MARTIAL ARTS MASTER
I CANT BELIEVE ITS SO AWESOME fudge YES. YES YEAAAAAAAAAAA !! Anime hyper !!!

Okay I want to apologise for the capslock but really this is the best thing that could have happened today. Finally this godly Manga will get a full adaptation of the third part which is one of the best or even THE best.

Now I hope this will be at least 50 episodes long because its a damn long arc.

Now Only Bleach needs to return with he quincy arc and Zangetsu..i mean Yhwach and Kenichi should get full anime adapt.

This and Hunter x Hunter anime are the things I wished for most in the world of anime. My prayers have been heard. Praise the Lord because he gave mankind the ability to create truly godlike Manga series. Bless all people and ORA ORA ORA ORA ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
j Talbain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:50 am Reply with quote
This is amazing news to wake up to! Hope someone smartens up and licences this series!!! Hopefully if this does well we'll see Diamond Is Unbreakable adapted into anime. That would be SWEET!
GintokiThrowsDirtAtYou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 am Reply with quote
I come to animenewsnetwork for exactly 3 reasons

To see whether:

#1: Bleach: Thousand year bloodwar arc anime has been confirmed

#2: JoJo Part 3 anime has been confirmed

#3: Key finally decided to create something similar to Clannad:after story and Angel Beats.

#2: Has Finally come true.

There and people say life aint worth living. Good shit still happens. I will be in a good mood for at least 2 months now xD
Mirri

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:12 am Reply with quote
j Talbain wrote:
This is amazing news to wake up to! Hope someone smartens up and licences this series!!! Hopefully if this does well we'll see Diamond Is Unbreakable adapted into anime. That would be SWEET!

Jojo is monstrous licensing headache, it's not like nobody wants to get the rights in North America. Surely, as someone who appears to be a fan, you're aware of all of the borrowed names. They have to be cleared to their rightsholders.

It's complicated and expensive and complicated. Did I mention expensive yet? Because daaaamn is it expensive. Sad

We can dream, though.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:43 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
j Talbain wrote:

Jojo is monstrous licensing headache, it's not like nobody wants to get the rights in North America. Surely, as someone who appears to be a fan, you're aware of all of the borrowed names. They have to be cleared to their rightsholders.

It's complicated and expensive and complicated. Did I mention expensive yet? Because daaaamn is it expensive. Sad

We can dream, though.

The name rights aren't as much of an issue as you think since Viz was mostly able to get around them for their release of the manga of part 3. The biggest issue at the moment is that according to CR, the japanese rights holders weren't giving out international rights to the show back when s1 was airing. It might be different by now though, but if not, we could be waiting for awhile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3