• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Another New Gundam Project to Be Announced June 25

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mix303

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:10 pm Reply with quote
rrizqiw wrote:
I HOPE IS NOT FOR KID THIS TIME!!!

Yea no kiding.
Fluwm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:32 pm Reply with quote
GracieLizzy wrote:
Pretty sure Gundam AGE is aimed at kids... but it's still Gundam; so it's probably going to feature death, war, depression all the same. So I still think it will be a good series, maybe a little less political than usual.

All gundam is aimed at kids. You should read some of the interviews Fukuda gave for Seed. It's really odd. He wanted to "connect" Kira to Fllay via sex, but at the same time he didn't want the anti-war message to be anything more than "war is bad" because that's the only level he said he was able to discuss war with is son.

Whether or not Age will be enjoyable to adult fans remains to be seen. But it's just plain silly to judge that based on art design alone--content means a lot. Gundam 00, for example, was beautiful to look at, but the poor quality of the narrative prevented me from enjoying it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2