• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Fillers: About to End?

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonDragonJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:15 pm Reply with quote
If a topic such as this has already been posted, I apologize, but I could not locate any threads dealing with this issue.

I happened to read the encyclopedia entry for Naruto on this site a few minutes ago, and the titles of the next several episodes have been revealed. The words "Kakashi Gaiden" appeared, and I am now wondering if this means that the anime will finally be rteturning to the storyline of the manga.

What does everyone else have to say about this? Can anyone confirm if the Naruto fillers are actually going to end, and the manga storyline will resume? I would much appreciate any feedback that anyone can offer?
hikaru393

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:52 pm Reply with quote
the anime is supposed to be getting back to the orginal story line sometime after the 3rd naruto movie comes out and it has alredy been released so i would say yes it's returning to the orginal story.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dranxis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
If anyone's wondering where the rumor that the fillers would end after the 3rd movie came from, they might like to take a look at this thread:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/index.php?topic=7162.0

The translation is a bit vague but it mentions that "part 1" of Naruto would be ending soon.
Ragg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I heard that the fillers were to end after 250..... Just a rumor.
energydan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
I doubt after 250... The fillers ending around 205 or so seems more realistic. They have more than enough material to start back up with the anime now. They need to face the truths about the filler and manga gap. That is even with another year of filler, they still will eventually catch up to the manga before the show ends and have to do more filler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
xxfriskoplaya

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:07 pm Reply with quote
[This URL is a known Fansub Distribution website] sed that naruto fillers will end at 199 followed by kakashi gaiden from 200-205 then the 2nd part will begin
Cyborg 009

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I think I get the concept of what a filler is, but what is the exact definition? I just can't seem to figure it out. Is it just a series of episodes with a storyline separate from the series main line?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Cyborg 009 wrote:
I think I get the concept of what a filler is, but what is the exact definition? I just can't seem to figure it out. Is it just a series of episodes with a storyline separate from the series main line?

Well there really is two definitions of what filler is, and it depends on the show your talking about. In this case they are talking about story in the anime, which was never in the manga. People who make the anime will start making "fillers" when the story catches up to the manga. And manga usually comes out at a slower pace than anime, and lets just say that usually these fillers are not as good as the story in the original manga. Naruto has particularly had a long filler run. I beleve it starts at ep 135. And if I am not mistaken, the anime is now around 200, all of that has been filler. And that has a lot of fans upset.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
goins007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:31 pm Reply with quote
205 sounds about right. I think it was around 180 something that a few of the fansub sites said there were about 16 weeks of fillers left. And the Manga has published more than enough issues to do a few seasons. They could stretch it out a bit if they put a few filler episodes between the main arcs.
Vahn17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:23 pm Reply with quote
If there is someone not to trust on this issue, it is the fansub sites. They know just as little as we do. All the info they have given has just been an estimate or a guess. At this point the hint that the movie gave and the fact that epsiode 204 begins a new season seem to be the best bets for the end of the fillers. Unfortunately, the end of the fillers is not yet confirmed so even this is just speculation.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:25 pm Reply with quote
The Naruto Episode List wrote:
end of Kakachi Gaiden, 205 begin of Next Generation
I'm not sure I can trust this entry, given the poor English and misspelling of the character name. But, 200 seems like a nice place to get things rolling again, and I'm sure lots of fans will be happy if the fillers are truly ending.
Ragg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
The Naruto Episode List wrote:
end of Kakachi Gaiden, 205 begin of Next Generation
I'm not sure I can trust this entry, given the poor English and misspelling of the character name. But, 200 seems like a nice place to get things rolling again, and I'm sure lots of fans will be happy if the fillers are truly ending.

Again, it was also somewhere said that there is no confirmation about an episode even called "Kakachi Gaiden." Although I do hope the fillers come to an end, we can only wait and see what happens...
zerome

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:00 pm Reply with quote
does anyone know where did the names of the episdoe titles 200 - 201 come from.
SumDumGai
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Those episode titles for 200+ are fake... I don't understand why users are able to edit episode titles on this website... I was so upset after I found out that the first ones weren't real.
T0FFe3m@n

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Im around 95% certain that the titles are false.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6