• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - Killer Queens

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scrumly1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:31 am Reply with quote
Not to derail too much but after seeing it in certain music circles(usually referring to Pitchfork) and now here, what exactly does neckbeard mean?
Kakugo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
If you said Qwaser I would agree completely.

Most fetishistic otaku-bait garbage can only dream of being Seikon no Qwaser, sadly. There's a level of technical finesse and dedication to blatant fetish-based absurdity that elevate what should have been an unwatchable train wreck into the sort of lusciously grotesque parody. It also spends a somewhat inordinate amount of time on world-building and developing fighting styles, to the point where if you removed the exploitation element entirely it'd still kinda' work as a Bleach-esque action series. Remove the nudity from Queen's Blade and you're left with so much less than you would be from Seikon no Qwaser.

And hey, four words: Breast Puppet Show Ever. Very Happy

As for "neckbeard", it's a derogatory word for geeks that implies they're poorly groomed. Even Anime News Nina used it as a throw-away gag when discussing internet trolls a year or two ago.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:42 am Reply with quote
Kakugo wrote:
Most fetishistic otaku-bait garbage can only dream of being Seikon no Qwaser, sadly. There's a level of technical finesse and dedication to blatant fetish-based absurdity that elevate what should have been an unwatchable train wreck into the sort of lusciously grotesque parody. It also spends a somewhat inordinate amount of time on world-building and developing fighting styles, to the point where if you removed the exploitation element entirely it'd still kinda' work as a Bleach-esque action series. Remove the nudity from Queen's Blade and you're left with so much less than you would be from Seikon no Qwaser.

Fully agree. Without question Qwaser is the more exploitative of the two, to the point that I hesitate to automatically recommend it to people who like QB, but it does have more merits besides its lascivious content than most other T&A shows do.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Khooni

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Heh everyone in this post agree that there should be more queen's blade.
I feel sad everytime someone criticizes an ecchi show Sad Luckily for me, Japanese people don't care about the opinions of westeners
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4