• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond (TV) (All Seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
never watch any op or ed if you are worry about spoiler in anime. This is nothing new, and it won't change any time soon.

I don't agree, I thought this spoiler was especially blatant. Although I am assuming they will get to the event soon.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:47 pm Reply with quote
I don't recall seeing huge spoilers in most OPs/EDs. Or when they're there, like in Jojo (sans the first OP), they're vague enough that only people familiar with the source material will completely understand. It makes going back fun, but they shouldn't ruin a future reveal. Granted, it's a bit more difficult to do that with a sports series, but not impossible. For example, in the OP, Zono appears more prominently (he seemingly has been upgraded in importance) and the moment with Furuya and Sawamura is taken from that scene where spoiler[Furuya has been running all day and makes clear his intent to improve.]

This was just, spoiler["Hey! Kawakami is upset because Furuya is the ace. Understand? The. Ace."]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
never watch any op or ed if you are worry about spoiler in anime. This is nothing new, and it won't change any time soon.

I don't agree, I thought this spoiler was especially blatant. Although I am assuming they will get to the event soon.

you must never watch a baseball anime call "Major". the op/eds always tells on what's going to happen.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

you must never watch a baseball anime call "Major". the op/eds always tells on what's going to happen.

No I never watched Major but you made it sound like this was a common occurrence. And as I always watch openings and endings and have never gotten spoiled by them I would say this is a rare occurrence.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:

No I never watched Major but you made it sound like this was a common occurrence. And as I always watch openings and endings and have never gotten spoiled by them I would say this is a rare occurrence.

most anime has spoiler in op and ed to me. Even in shonen anime
like One piece naruto and Bleach, op and ed tells you a lot of things. Sometimes even the characters' new moves and new boss, and who vs who next ect before it was show in the anime. Same with mecha anime, sometimes you can guess why is going to die in Gundam based on ending theme.

to me, op/ed almost always have some form of spoilers, sometimes just maybe not notice them. unless it was anime Lucky Star of something. Finish the anime then re-watch the op/eds, you will noticed them.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Finish the anime then re-watch the op/eds, you will noticed them.

But I think that's the point. Most spoilers fly under the radar because people don't recognize what the show is relaying. You can make educated guesses, but you're not guaranteed to be right. (Plus new characters showing up mean little if we don't know who they are.) When your show is spoiler[about becoming the ace and you show who the next ace is, you're reducing the dramatic tension.] There is no re-watching and having an 'a-ha!' moment because it was obvious to begin with.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
^ Right if I have to rewatch the opening/endings after I am finished the anime to find the spoilers then they aren't actually spoiling anything. Sometimes something doesn't become clear until you watch the series, that isn't a spoiler. Or just showing characters that will show up later is also not a spoiler to me.

This was a blatant spoiler that is impossible to miss. Unless you weren't paying attention.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
^ Right if I have to rewatch the opening/endings after I am finished the anime to find the spoilers then they aren't actually spoiling anything. Sometimes something doesn't become clear until you watch the series, that isn't a spoiler. Or just showing characters that will show up later is also not a spoiler to me.

This was a blatant spoiler that is impossible to miss. Unless you weren't paying attention.

well that;s your opinion. How can you said when they show you the final boss or current arc's boss and who vs who before the anime is not consider spoiler? In most anime, you already can guess who is behind all those events in the current arc based on the characters that they show in the opening.

Even this anime, we already know he was going to tokyo based on the opening. We already they were making it to the spoiler[Final] based on the opening when they showed Mei before they played the spoiler[final]. Mei is the final boss. We just don't know if they will win that game or not.
We already know who are making to the first string based on the opening.

I don't consider this one is blatant. I don;'t even know what are you talking about. All they do is show all the characters in the ending not much different than other openings of this anime. Just remember who is the main character of this anime. I challenge people who don't read the manga to tell me what will happen next based the ed.

Like i said many post ago, if you don;t like it don't watch op and ending. it will always condition something that's haven't show on the anime yet rather you consider that's a spoiler or not that's another discussion.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:13 am Reply with quote
Wow, not a reply here in nearly 2 months now.

Anyone saw the news regarding season 2 today? The show will apparently air season 2 (with a time slot change) so I wonder how many episodes this will have. Season 2 begins immediately soon.

And for the latest episode, it was lovely seeing spoiler[Chris] again! Now that put a big smile on my face.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I saw the announcement too. Yay!

I wasn't surprised by the ending of the episode though, since I've been expecting it all along. I was surprised and disappointed by the "assistant" coach guy though (I still don't know what his name is). I'd been thinking he was this kind of observant Buddha type who would understand everyone and be the voice of wisdom when he decided to speak up (or use his words to steer others in the right direction), but now he seems like more of a snake, just coldly looking for the win down the line. Or that could be an act. Not sure anymore.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:54 pm Reply with quote
^
He definitely mixes things up. The team and staff are very group-oriented; they wouldn't even think of sacrificing the fall tournament to improve one player for the summer. I don't think Furuya would approve either, especially considering what happened at his last school. He isn't loud about it like Eijun, but he really does try to support the team and enjoys being with them. Still, it's good to have that added tension of Kataoka and Ochiai fundamentally disagreeing and, despite it colliding with their team values, Ochiai isn't wrong; improving Furuya would drastically improve their shot during nationals.

Excited for seasons 2! Does anyone know approximately how many chapters ahead the manga is?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:04 pm Reply with quote
RestLessone wrote:
^

Excited for seasons 2! Does anyone know approximately how many chapters ahead the manga is?

at least 150 according to responces to the same question asked on MAL
RestLessone

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
RestLessone wrote:
^

at least 150 according to responces to the same question asked on MAL

Thank you! By any chance, did it mention approximately where we are in the manga?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
probably just a pipe dream, but I really hope this game changes the way this new coach thinks.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
The manga recently finished the first 1/2, without knowing what happens I imagine that would be a good stopping point for the anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 23