• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond (TV) (All Seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 36

One cannot simply describe the amount of hype the ending of this episode left. As much as i'd like to see another Eijun vs Raichi battle I wonder how Tanba would do against him. I believe they plan on using him at some point during this match considering what happened before the game. I don't think they'll switch Eijun out just yet though.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:04 am Reply with quote
wow, that was intense. Close games with no clear view of the outcome like these are great
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Bringing this great shows thread back to life! Twisted Evil

Episode 40:

Gosh dang it! I hate thatspoiler[ I nearly tear up when every enemy team loses.] I just wanted to spoiler[give Raichi the biggest hug. Poor guy couldn't handle the pressure of having the entire team's future on his shoulders.] As the guy in the hat said spoiler[that stuff comes from experience. And no matter how good you are as a first year there just some things you can't learn/handle when your first starting.]

But that's what i love about the show. When i was playing sports i saw that depression, heartbreak, and nerves running wild during important games. It's so easy to relate too. The same thing happens to professionals ESPECIALLY in places like the SuperBowl where a team looks like they should win no problem but end up getting totally owned. The pressure of performing to the best of your ability can truly be more lethal than your opponents.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
And that's how diamonds are made. Smile At least he's not a senior.

So at the rate they're going this is looking like 74 episodes give or take?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
52 for now
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:13 am Reply with quote
Masuko's mistake was extremely hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard for a while now.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Ah~ This series is great. Loved Sawamura's interactions with all the senpai after the match. Anime hyper

I've started reading the manga and while I'm still at parts that have already been animated, I simply can't put it down. So good!

I'm thinking I need to go buy a Seido shirt now. Anime hyper Want Miyuki's uniform but it's kind of hard shelling out over $100 for something I can't really wear every day. ^^;
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Lol, Wakana's face this episode Razz

And also, I saw a lot of man tears. I hope the team goes all the way for the Nationals.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:54 pm Reply with quote
They sort of have to cut this series off at some point, unless they plan some sort of filler flashback arc. And it is going to suck if they cut it off at 52. Really, really really suck.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Ace of Diamond Anime Extended Until March 2015

Basically, get ready for six months dedicated to spoiler[the preparation, playing, and aftermath of ONE GAME.] (spoilers revealed in article- not really story spoilers)

As for me, once they get around to the beginning of actually playing this final game of the regional tournament, I'm stopping and waiting to marathon it at the end. They dragged out playing Yakushi for 11 episodes and that was bad enough once.
A some point I get the scary feeling that they'll somehow get through an entire episode in which there's so much back story, inner monologue, and replay that they won't even get to morte than one batter.

Last edited by Spastic Minnow on Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
In the history of baseball anime, has anyone ever played a Koshien game (let alone won a title)? It's like all the series have them working to get to Koshien, and either they do, or they don't and learn valuable life lessons, but I can't remember ever seeing one where Koshien actually happened. Smile
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Would you mind putting your comments under a spoiler tag? With the manga still ongoing, spoiler[Seido's tournament outcome] can pretty much be deduced from what you wrote.

I've been watching Koushien games when I have the chance. Definitely fun to watch, though it's heartbreaking to see the losing team cry.

Here's the losing team taking home some Koushien dirt at the end of today's second match.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:35 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Spastic Minnow wrote:

Would you mind putting your comments under a spoiler tag? With the manga still ongoing, spoiler[Seido's tournament outcome] can pretty much be deduced from what you wrote.

I guess... but your reaction probably tells people more than what I said does... as I don't read the manga and haven't actually seen any spoilers. The article says the extension covers spoiler[their rivalry with the the next team,] so that's what I reported.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
In the history of baseball anime, has anyone ever played a Koshien game (let alone won a title)? It's like all the series have them working to get to Koshien, and either they do, or they don't and learn valuable life lessons, but I can't remember ever seeing one where Koshien actually happened. Smile

I assume Major does, seeing as it's a story that follows the character through his stages of life and baseball and into the Major leagues. High School and Koshien would be part of that.

Something about the show annoyed me though and I never even finished his elementary school years.

I just figure, these shows are about their rivalries, and a strong rivalry between prefectural schools are much stronger than with schools from entirely different parts of the country.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:

I assume Major does, seeing as it's a story that follows the character through his stages of life and baseball and into the Major leagues. High School and Koshien would be part of that.

nope, spoiler[Goro's team loses to Toshiya's in the quarterfinals, since they are stronger, have more than 9 people and Goro pushes himself to hard and collapses]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Ace of Diamond Anime Extended Until March 2015

Basically, get ready for six months dedicated to spoiler[the preparation, playing, and aftermath of ONE GAME.] (spoilers revealed in article- not really story spoilers)

As for me, once they get around to the beginning of actually playing the final game, I'm stopping and waiting to marathon it at the end. They dragged out playing Yakushi for 11 episodes and that was bad enough once.
A some point I get the scary feeling that they'll somehow get through an entire episode in which there's so much back story, inner monologue, and replay that they won't even get to morte than one batter.

it really depends on if they win the regional Final or not. If they win, we will have Koshien games. Otherwise, they will probably have new school year, new players, and all the third years players will be gone. Please, don't spoil it for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 23