• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ace of Diamond (TV) (All Seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
unless they slow it down to one person at bat per episode or more back stories, then yeah, I definitely think extra innings are going to happen.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:32 am Reply with quote
I'm not buying it. Mei isn't going to last that long and they've pretty much established he has no reliable relief.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
And it's back. Tense episode. I'm delighted that spoiler[elder bro had the integrity to finally fess up. I knew little bro would be getting into the game eventually,] but I'm happy it didn't take some pseudo-drama to do it.

So anyone else think this is looking like extra innings? Not that they can't stretch out 9 until March, but it seems like something they'd do.

i don't think there will be extra inning. or maybe 10. They will have a warp up after the game. At this point, we all know who is going to win since this is not even the main tournament.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 58

getchman wrote:
unless they slow it down to one person at bat per episode or more back stories...

Give that man a cigar! Although I guess we did get 2 2/3 at bats this time.

Lol at Furuya trying to "Osu!" Also, not too subtle product placement there...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:03 am Reply with quote
Ace of spoiler[Cliffhanger].

This series has a strong momentum going with the current match. I predict it will end pretty close but nonetheless, I am excited to see which team will win.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
I am going to be super annoyed if Yuki doesn't get that hit. We already saw Mei strike out Yuki (every other time at bat). We already saw Mei pitch a perfect change-up (I don't care that they get worse later in the game)

The only thing that will make this cliffhanger worthwhile is for Mei to pitch perfectky and for Yuki to hit it. Otherwise it will just be a repeat of what we already saw earlier in the game so why drag it out.

Also this ep did not have enough Haruichi after making me wait so long. He's one of the best things about this series.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
I predict mei's pitch will reach yuki sometime in episode 62. We still haven't had a flashback from the ball's perspective, from the factory to the game....
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:08 am Reply with quote
doesn't take 4 episodes to make a baseball. so we'll need Mei's glove, Yuki's bat, and the little bits of Haruichi's wooden bat just chilling on the field to give their life story. I expect to tear up when learning that wooden bat had dreams that it will never get to reach
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:15 am Reply with quote
I predict the ball will be sent high into the air, where it will hit a bird, and we'll get to learn how that bird was carrying food back to its nest to feed its starving hachlings. The bird will triumphantly struggle to its feet and limp back to its next, worms in tow.

The ball of course will be re-directed foul so Mei will need to deliver another pitch, but not after another timeout where Mei's teammates will re-affirm their belief in him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
If Melville can pause for 100 chapters to talk about the history of whaling, I think AoD can take an episode to discuss the birth of baseball. Also, we haven't had the coach's backstory yet, or his panicky assistant's.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
that spoiler[2 RBI double was satisfying]. Glad Tetsuspoiler[ finally got a hit.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Have we seen a DP in this series yet? I'm thinking this is the first one, but it also kind of feels like there might've been another one. Anyway, it was sweet. Very Happy

If professional baseball players looked as sleek in their uniforms as these guys do, I'd probably watch more rl baseball. Wink Sadly, more often than not they tend to look like dumplings stuffed into ill-fitting uniforms or roided-out mutants, spitting and scratching their way to the plate.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm Reply with quote
That was a sick cutter.

No more devastating pitch in baseball. There is just nothing you can do with it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
The momentum of this match is still going strong. Lol @ Eijun and his exaggeration at his own pitch. This kid has come a long way~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:44 pm Reply with quote
It's a one-note joke, but I still get a chuckle every time out of Furuya's not so subtle "Look! I'm ready to pitch!" antics going on in the background. I think it's because they've kept it as background visuals and not made it so in your face, which would've gotten old really quick.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 23