• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hellsing Ultimate OVA II Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:22 am Reply with quote
SccarletEmerald wrote:
You really shouldn't assume there are going to be 2 episodes. Even ANN's own encyclopedia entry says the release is only going to be 50 min, which is only enough time for the first episode.
http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/releases.php?id=7336

But the release page isn't always the best place to look for the most current info. I think that release information in that url was current as of last week, however this current press release state that...
ANN Frontpage wrote:
This second episode of the series will be included with the first on Geneon's R1 DVD release in December.

So someone going to have to edit the release page to be correct with the newest information. Hell the other day I was looking for Witch Hunter Robin thin-pack and it's not even listed at all....and yet right here it's says that a new version is coming out in October.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

So someone going to have to edit the release page to be correct with the newest information. Hell the other day I was looking for Witch Hunter Robin thin-pack and it's not even listed at all....and yet right here it's says that a new version is coming out in October.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

I've contacted multiple people to triple-check this information. I got it straight from Geneon, but it's possible the person I spoke with was confused or acting on old information; I'm not sure when that solicit for the first DVD went out, though.

Regardless, I'll clear it up.

Edit: Well, I got word back from Geneon that apparently what I was told is incorrect and that they only plan on releasing the first episode on the December 5th DVD. News post has been updated accordingly.
InuyashaMilk1717

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

Till next time,

Delta Kiral

I've contacted multiple people to triple-check this information. I got it straight from Geneon, but it's possible the person I spoke with was confused or acting on old information; I'm not sure when that solicit for the first DVD went out, though.

Regardless, I'll clear it up.

Edit: Well, I got word back from Geneon that apparently what I was told is incorrect and that they only plan on releasing the first episode on the December 5th DVD. News post has been updated accordingly.

Yay!!! I might sound crazy, but as a crazed Hellsing fan, I'd like the US release to be the same as the Japanese release. If they fit 2 into 1, we'd be missing the awesome cover art and booklets included. And I didn't like the fact that it was going to cover over the first manga, now it's just going to cover the first manga. I'm so happy!!! I hope they keep doing one DVD for every manga.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, hopes dashed. Here's hoping for a speedier release schedule. So that means March 2007 for vol. 2?

Since that stuff is not mentioned yet InuyashaMilk1717, we can only hope for the booklets....

and more Geneon sales. Wink
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:

Thank you Zac, I am glad that you were able to get a solid answer from someone in Geneon. It doesn't bother me that were only getting one episode per dvd, but I bet some people are going to be pissed when they look at the front page today.

InuyashaMilk1717 wrote:
we'd be missing the awesome cover art and booklets included. And I didn't like the fact that it was going to cover over the first manga, now it's just going to cover the first manga. I'm so happy!!! I hope they keep doing one DVD for every manga.

I guess you really like your cover art and booklets.....I wonder if each release is going to have it's own special edition.....
Till next time,

Delta Kiral

P.S. Zac you rule keep up the good work!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Well I am kinda disappointed, but the reason they give makes enough sense. I would not want to wait 2 years before volumes, so I pretty much buy the story.

I am hoping the limited edition case will be like Halo 2 (limited)Metal case, not thick enough to dent easily, but looks hella cool with art on it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Someone_II

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:43 pm Reply with quote
50 min/disc? well, in that case it better be A) chalked full of extras. Or B) be about the same price as gantz.

Edit: Hope the LE comes with an artbox. I do love boxes Laughing
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see them push ahead with the one episode release. It puts the product on a quicker time frame to market, though the trade off is an issue of quantity (certainly not quality).

I'm pretty sure they'll make it clear on the cover about it being only one episode.

td99
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:37 pm Reply with quote
I don't mind one-episode per disc. Perhaps they'll give us some neat extras.

And besides, that just means lots of more awesome cover art. : )
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Whew, at least I'm only half the idiot I thought I was for not catching the two episode deal earlier Anime catgrin. I like the sound of that "superior production quality" thing. Can't wait to hear Nakata Jouji laughing like a maniac and blasting down freaks in 5.1 Anime hyper.
Nabeshin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I'd rather just wait for them to release volumes as a whole, instead of this peacemeal method, relying on Japan to complete them. Its like practically putting the cart before the horse.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:02 pm Reply with quote
The low ep count isn't a big deal, compard to Blue Sub, which had a shorter running time per volume.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
Nabeshin wrote:
Personally, I'd rather just wait for them to release volumes as a whole, instead of this peacemeal method,

Thing is, technically one episode per DVD is a whole volume. And besides, if they just waited at the rate Satelight's putting out episodes, we'd be five years or more down the line before we even saw one volume come out locally.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
"The first volume streets this fall, with a tentative street date of December 5th 2006. It'll have a regular edition and a special limited collectors edition with superior product development."

Soo what the heck are we getting if we order the special limited collectors edition?

Lots of details but nothing solid yet, is even a box to hold some of the OVA? Or is it going to be like a slipcase and maybe some extra interviews? Those be the answers I really want to know.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
JoshuaStChristopher

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:25 pm Reply with quote
This is going to be like the Giant Robo VHS tapes back in the early 90s. Took like six or seven years to finish the series, ha ha.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7