• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Fairy Tail GN 27

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I have no idea where I'm up to in Fairy Tail (I was following the anime dubbed as Funi released it On Demand, I never actually read the manga) but shonen manga can be very easy to jump into, even if you skip a few minor arcs. I heard there's a time skip, though, so I should probably read that first before I jump into this...hmm, guess I'm gonna have to dig around and do some research before I pick this up. Sounds great!
Princess_Irene
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
This volume is pre-time skip - I'm a few books behind now, but if there's going to be a skip, I'd guess it will come after this particular arc. Anyway, this has been my favorite arc in a long time, and if you know who all of the players are - Cana, the Element Four, Wendy, and Lisanna - you should be fine to jump in at volume 26.
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:47 pm Reply with quote
This is truly one of my favorite manga! Fairy Tail actually complements my other favorite manga which is way more darker in nature: Claymore.

This arc actually runs thru spoiler[volume 30].

spoiler[The author really changed the dynamics of Fairy Tail toward the end of the arc.

I have mixed feelings about the new changes, and I'm going have to read the next volume to decide if I will like these changes!?

There was hints of some interesting story lines to explore.

I really am up in the air on these changes!]

I can't wait until Rebecca gets around to reviewing spoiler[Volume 30, and see what her opinion on these changes!]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1