• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nana Movie Sequel in December, Trailer Now

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wakaiba

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:20 am Reply with quote
What a sad little trailer! =< Oh well.

I hope this movie has leanred more about how to interpret manga into film. The first one felt a little bit dragged out (especially the scene with Nana singing to Hachi on the table).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I know this is a little OT, but I'm actually on track 7 of the Mika Nakashima greatest hits collection as I right this.

I'm sad that Aoi Miyazaki wont be back for Hachi. I thought she was really adorable! At least Mika Nakashima will be back for Nana Smile I think Yuna Ito will play Layla-she was really good, and Endless Story is one of my favorite songs!
Rikabu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I've been hearing rumors on Nana communities lately that Yuna Ito will not be returning for the role of Reira, and only being a part of the film for the song.

I don't know though.
I hope not.

Thank god Mika is still in it. <3
chibi_seiya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:29 am Reply with quote
Hollerama wrote:
There's a bunch of rumors of why she was replaced. The reason above was listed. Also they say that she was replaced because of contract problems. She was already signed on to do something else and her agent didn't want her to play Hachi again because as the NANA series more emphasis is put on Nana rather than Hachi Rolling Eyes (you shouldn't shun the role that makes you famous...) I think the idea that she'd tarnish her rep is sort of BS. I can see her agent not wanting her to be just a "co-star" (haha, but I'm being bitter)

Personally, I can see Yui doing well as Hachi. Aoi never quite fit the role for me, and Yui seems like a better fit. I guess we'll see though.

And actually, Ren is also being replaced. It's sort of crazy. I'm pretty sure that in the U.S. they wouldn't just replace 2 main actors like that nowadays. They'd either not make the film, or bribe the stars really well xD I find all this really interesting.

Actually, Asian actresses turning down big roles because of "not wanting to tarnish their image" is a very very common thing in Asia. I know viewing it from outside, it seems pretty weird. But in Asia, its a very respectable thing for actresses to do, and it happens all the time. Japanese fans don't have a problem with that reason. It seems that the only ones with the problem are foreigners, because in Hollywood, its rare for actresses to turn down roles 'because of their image. But in Asia, its a cultural aspect. It happens all the time, and if its listed as a reason, no one bats an eyelash because chastity is still viewed as being important.

Also, Aoi Miyazaki's role being cut shorter as Hachi, is not really a matter of being "co-star." The reason behind this extends a lot further. Its about RESPECT and the lack of it given towards Aoi as an actress. I should know this because I am the one writing the articles on NANA-NANA.net. And there are a LOT of information given to me, that I can't write about. All you should know is, during contract renewals, Aoi was seriously treated like $hit. x.x;; If I were her, I wouldn't resign too.

And Ryuhei Matsuda.... I'm glad he didn't resign too. He deserves a lot more respect than what the production company thought of him. Good for him for not resigning.

I know its hard to understand. Just know that the entertainment world is pretty dark. My articles are misinterpreted a lot, and people tend to go, "Screw Aoi anyway for shunning the role that made her famous." All I can say is Aoi was already very famous before NANA. And as for her not taking the role for NANA 2... All I can say is shame on NANA's production company. Shunning the actresses and actors who earned them money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2