• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DeepDiscount.com / DVDPlanet.com / ImportCDs.com Sales Thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Laughing With DP/DD anything is possible.

Including a shipment that arrived on time, believe it or not. Just the one time though, the rest seem to hang in space between the time DD says they were "shipped" and the time I get them, usually around 15 days. My first order several years ago took 2 months so I'm fairly patient. Or stupid. Or cheap.

DeepdiscountDVD: When you absolutely have to have it ... cheap.

"I won't order from them again, I won't, I won't, I... hey, look at that price..."

Sale prices were readjusted to the more sensible 50% off but there's a world of difference for me between NAIKAIMO at 35 dollars versus 25 dollars; Mostly "don't want it now."
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
"I won't order from them again, I won't, I won't, I... hey, look at that price..."
This. DD screwed up my order from about 3 weeks ago and I think the customer service has actually gotten worse. I was like never again! Then I see what DVDPlanet has on sale and I'm like "well, let me try them...its not exactly the same site...right?" <sigh> The lengths we go to for anime.

And yea I placed my order about 5-6 days ago and its still showing not shipped, but I did get a confirmation email about shipping. So, same old same old. I fully expect it to take another 7-10 days before I get anything. Typical.
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:47 pm Reply with quote
[quote="One-Eye"]
Animegomaniac wrote:
And yea I placed my order about 5-6 days ago and its still showing not shipped, but I did get a confirmation email about shipping.

Yup, same here. I contacted them directly and they confirmed my order shipped (and my credit card was charged for the titles that were shipped and not the pre-orders, which they'll charge me once they're shipped - different from many other websites and I like that). Weird, but not really a dealbreaker as long as everything arrives correctly and in one piece.

Additionally, Nakaimo shipped out yesterday; same day they released it on their site (and a few days before the release date), so that was a nice change of pace from Rakuten instantly putting new releases on backorder the day they drop, even when you pre-order them weeks in advance. I probably won't get it until late next week sometime, or early the following week, but still, nice that they shipped it early.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:02 am Reply with quote
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Yup, same here. I contacted them directly and they confirmed my order shipped (and my credit card was charged for the titles that were shipped and not the pre-orders, which they'll charge me once they're shipped - different from many other websites and I like that).
I like how my email says it shipped on the 4th, but USPS in tracking says they received it in California on the 7th. Maybe if USPS is on the ball I might get it Tuesday or Wednesday which would mean 9-10 days total.
wormraper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:13 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Sohma_Curse wrote:
Yup, same here. I contacted them directly and they confirmed my order shipped (and my credit card was charged for the titles that were shipped and not the pre-orders, which they'll charge me once they're shipped - different from many other websites and I like that).
I like how my email says it shipped on the 4th, but USPS in tracking says they received it in California on the 7th. Maybe if USPS is on the ball I might get it Tuesday or Wednesday which would mean 9-10 days total.

it's been confirmed on other forums that DVDPlanet and DD.com both say "shipped" when they put it on the shipping pallet. then when that pallet is full they actually have the shipping company pick them up. so they can be waiting on that shipping pallet for days before the usps or whoever actually accepts them
Altacia

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
With Sunday and the Holiday I fully expected to get my DP.com package Thursday... Though there it was in my mailbox.

Their packing on a one BluRay order makes me realize that RightStuf spoils me. Laughing With one disc off it's hub it'd be a much less happy story if these had been DVDs....
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:09 pm Reply with quote
First wave of my DVD Planet order just arrived 100% correct and in perfect condition. VERY pleased with them.

Still waiting on two pre-orders; one of which (Nakaimo) shipped on Saturday and the other (Little Busters) is slated to ship on the 19th.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
everything in my order arrived in one box
excpect nakaimo which they notified me would ship separately

in came in a nice box with padding
last year during black friday, they just threw my dvds in a plastic bag and mailed it, lol

EDIT:
you can now preorder some DEC titles such as Girls und panzer
price went up a little, about 33$
you cannot preorder JAN releases yet like maria holic
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:49 am Reply with quote
How long ago did you guys order? My order was claimed to be shipped on the 5th, but the tracking # doesn't give me squat. I know about the "waiting for a full palette" thing, but it's been over a week and it's November, a pretty good shopping month, grrrrr....
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
wormraper wrote:
it's been confirmed on other forums that DVDPlanet and DD.com both say "shipped" when they put it on the shipping pallet. then when that pallet is full they actually have the shipping company pick them up. so they can be waiting on that shipping pallet for days before the usps or whoever actually accepts them

And now I know, "and knowing is half the battle". Err...right?

classicalzawa wrote:
How long ago did you guys order? My order was claimed to be shipped on the 5th, but the tracking # doesn't give me squat. I know about the "waiting for a full palette" thing, but it's been over a week and it's November, a pretty good shopping month, grrrrr....

I just got my shipment in from DP yesterday and it had originally said that it shipped on the 4th, so 10 days. This is a slight improvement from DD where normal waits for me was closer to 2 full weeks. The fastest I ever got anything in stock was a week for a single BD and the slowest for something in stock at one point was almost 3 weeks.

My 3 BDs came in one of those cardboard paper thingies (not a box), which at least is a little stiffer than those plastic baggie things that I used to get my DVDs and BDs in. God those just always had me in a fit of rage, because the mail carrier would always see it as an excuse to throw it down and stomp on it a few times. I would email DD and tell them to stop sending stuff in those things!

The good news is that the order that DD screwed up a few weeks ago, and which their customer service was less than conciliatory about, I re-ordered from their sister site DP and got everything cheaper. I'm still wary of ordering from these companies on a regular basis, but maybe if I only do it 1-2 times a year I can keep my blood pressure down every time they irk me.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Save 10% @ ImportCDs.com - Code: SAVE10 (expires November 26th)

Their Section23 Films apparently goes until January 15th (it's unclear if discount percentage will remain the same). This sale (currently around 56% off) could be good for newer titles/pre-orders (some can't be ordered yet) that probably won't be further discounted from holiday sales via various retailers. Once again be aware of S/H cost (the rate gets a bit better as you order more).

FYI: ImportCDs.com share the same owner (Super D) as DeepDiscount and DVDPlanet.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Whew, finally got my order in today! Everything is good! But that tracking number never updated, what was the point?
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Another anime sale @ DeepDiscount.com (http://www.deepdiscount.com/black-friday-anime/) | November 22 - December 1

Best deals are the select titles distributed by Section23 Films (from what I can see...up to 64% off).

---

DVDPlanet.com has been running a sale similar to ImportCDs.com (http://www.dvdplanet.com/Specials) (http://www.dvdplanet.com/Search/grp/4287383868/Section-23-Sale). It expires January 15, 2014.

Again price compare among the various retailers with these holiday sales.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:15 pm Reply with quote
everything i bought last week is now double the price
but they got some new preorders cheap

girls und panzer for 26$, sold!
other shows
little busters idk yet
kokoro ova 20$
H ga dekinai 30$
majikoi 26$, have this
pet girl 23$ on bluray, wow
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:15 am Reply with quote
DeepDiscount.com Day 1 coupon code of TURKEY to take off additional 15% off.

So there are some really good deals to be had.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5