• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New YTV Friday Lineup This Fall

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Tenka-Ichi wrote:
Whether they have live action shows with any appeal to the 12-17 year old audience or not is irrelevant seeing as how Bionix was created for animated shows aimed at that audience.

Well it's good to know some stations stick to the format they were designed too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:31 pm Reply with quote
Someone_II wrote:
If it was created for animated shows aimed at 12-17 year olds, what the hell are monster warriors doing there? That show has no appeal to the target demographic and is live action. They could at least put some canadian animations geared towards that age group to fill their CanCon quota.

True. They could've at least put Shadow Raiders back at the 11:00 slot.

At least Dark Oracle has some animation at times, and it's actually a decent show, at least IMO.

I also find Zatch Bell pretty entertaining, and it should stay on YTV. There are actually some moments in the series where I actually found myself laughing, such as the scene in one ep when spoiler[Kiyomaro got b!t<hed-slapped by paper-men. Anime hyper]

Too bad YTV didn't get anymore Shaman King eps along with getting Sigma 6 & that Viva Pinata show. =\ I missed most of it on 4Kids TV; I would've liked to see the rest.
Kscriv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't anime dubbed in Canada (like Inuyasha for instance) considered Canadian and count for CanCon? If so then there is NO excuse for Monster Warriors and such for being on Bionix. If true I also wonder why they're spinning their wheels on GSD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tenka-Ichi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:30 am Reply with quote
Kscriv wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't anime dubbed in Canada (like Inuyasha for instance) considered Canadian and count for CanCon? If so then there is NO excuse for Monster Warriors and such for being on Bionix. If true I also wonder why they're spinning their wheels on GSD

It is true that anime dubbed in Canada, such as Inu Yasha, does count as 50% cancon. But they need more, and I don't know for sure, but I think they do need some 100% cancon shows. But they definately have better options than Monster warriors.
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:43 am Reply with quote
Darn, still no Bo-bobo in Canada. ;_;
Genbu no Miko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
Lucky Canada. I get the American AdultSwim, but we get our anime in crap timeslots in the middle of the night. Sad

I wish YTV would air in the US. Smile

It's not exactly fun to watch Case Closed at 1 AM in the morning, but I suppose it also helps even more in the suspense/mystery part if your scared of the dark and what it holds. Smile
Jay Navi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:19 am Reply with quote
Yay!!! Very Happy New anime on YTV!!!!!!! But i agree to replace Monster Warriors, uhhh, JLU is fine, and replace Dark Oracle. Maybe MW w/Case Closed and Dark Oracle w/GitS:SAC. But move JLU back one space and I'd say it's perfect. (And by "perfect", I mean "That's when I'll go to bed.")
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:18 am Reply with quote
Seesh CanCon people, YTV needs CanCon. One of the reason I'm mad about Bleach's Dub is that Ocean Didn't get it so it's not CanCon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2