• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tachiguishi Retsuden North American Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
I had not heard of this work, premise seems rather odd (but hey, that's anime). My impression is that this is a "hybrid" anime

Here's a link to the trailer:

http://www.tachiguishi.com/trailer.html
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:16 pm Reply with quote
I've seen this trailer a couple months ago and for some reason it just really grabbed my interest. Even though it's directed by Oshii, it's not exactly anime. It seems like more of a montage of various illustrations and photos arranged in some sort of pattern that gives it a political propoganda feel. I don't know, I tend to go for the out-of-ordinary and I'm looking forward to getting the DVD release of this.

Oh also in case anyone's curious, I believe, the NA city with the largest Asian population is Honolulu. If not, it's probably another Canadian city or San Francisco.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
tripperdan99 wrote:
I had not heard of this work

(Sigh)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:26 am Reply with quote
This is definitely an art film. I liked the trailer.

You can look here for more info. It uses a technique called Superlivemation. Read more about the technique via translation of this wiki page here. (For some reason the translated material won't link to this site and can't be copied. Sorry.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1