• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Central Park Media and Kaneva.com Launch Otaku Invitational Tournament

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dokool

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
"A total of 20 teams are being invited to participate."

Quite dissapointing - as an AMV editor I'd love a crack at this. Who are these "teams", and what are the criteria for invitation?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
CochraneO

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, Central Park Media talking about a new release at all is a bit of good news. I hope that means they've turned the corner with their business woes.

Then again, the cynical might be amused that they're basically running a contest to get someone to create a trailer for them; it's as if they don't have any employees left who can do the job after their massive layoffs from a while back...

But that's just a mean way of thinking. Any indication that CPM's still alive and kicking is certainly encouraging.
tripperdan99

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:25 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting on how they determine the selected 20. Do they accept input from any "team" (and what determines a team) and then they decide the 20?
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
But is the prize worth it? The DVDs loose value over time. Is the chroma-cel actually a valuable collectible? Same goes for the model kit. Is it really worth anything?

I think that money is alot easier to deal with as a prize. This prize will have to be split up between the members of the team after all.
Area88

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:24 am Reply with quote
A new release?

I hope it really it is

a) a new license and not another re-release

b) an old school show
God Gundam

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:48 am Reply with quote
So, wait, CPM is giving away a copy of their entire library as a prize? Sweet, I'll take a shot at it. I guess you have to create a team of people? I know a couple of people who'd probably do it (I have a friend who's making a vid featuring clips from the games "Starcraft" and "SOCOM: U.S. Navy Seals").

So how do you enter? I can't seem to find any entry forms or info or anything.

Why can't ADV do something like this? That'd be about a billion dollars worth of anime, I figure. Razz

Last edited by God Gundam on Sat Sep 16, 2006 8:32 am; edited 2 times in total
scortia

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:58 am Reply with quote
Hmmmm... perhaps video editting as a hobby can finally pay off. Razz Granted... I don't think there's all that many Central Park Media titles that I actually like. Utena, Arlsan, and ummmm...
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Kaneva's Hardcore Anime Channel

Is this going to be avaliable online to vote?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KaraJaphet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:58 am Reply with quote
Hi guys and gals! My name is Kara and I'm representing Kaneva.com and CPM in the Otaku Contest.

We've actually extended the timeline for those of you who are still interested. The contest will run from now until 10/27 at noon EST.

If you'd like more information check out the contest site http://www.kaneva.com/channel/channelPage.aspx?communityId=12786&pageId=26171.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1