• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Death Note new OP and ED?

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quote
Both here on ANN and on an anime music webiste I use, they have a new OP and ED for Death Note. Does anyone know what episode these start as I've seen up to 18 and have yet to see the changeover?

At first I did not like them (as individual songs) but the more I listen the more I like them. Very different from the 1st OP and ED.

Thanks. Very Happy
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:56 am Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
Both here on ANN and on an anime music webiste I use, they have a new OP and ED for Death Note. Does anyone know what episode these start as I've seen up to 18 and have yet to see the changeover?

At first I did not like them (as individual songs) but the more I listen the more I like them. Very different from the 1st OP and ED.

Thanks. Very Happy

It should mention it on the ANN entry for Death Note, doesnt it?
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:49 am Reply with quote
If it did I would not have asked. Very Happy I was just curious because I though maybe I had missed something and the three groups I am following were just using the old one because they were lazy.
DragonsRevenge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:10 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
If it did I would not have asked. Very Happy I was just curious because I though maybe I had missed something and the three groups I am following were just using the old one because they were lazy.

My guess is it starts between eps. 19 and 26.
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:04 pm Reply with quote
geishageek wrote:
At first I did not like them (as individual songs) but the more I listen the more I like them.

Same here. At first, I was very surprised with the new OP and ED theme songs. Let's just say they are very different for someone like me, who is completely uninteresed in that kind of music.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:17 pm Reply with quote
DragonsRevenge wrote:

It should mention it on the ANN entry for Death Note, doesnt it?

The episode that the OP/ED started with wasn't seen until recently, as the episode that they premiere in (episode 20) wasn't out until a couple of days ago. (BTW geishageek, if you haven't found out yet, there's your answer)

As for the OP/ED themselves, I like them. I'm not really into heavy metal(?) myself, but the songs are getting catchy for me. They really compliment their respective sequences as well, especially the OP.

I was hooked to Zetsubo Billy as soon as I heard it the first time, while What's Up, People? took a little bit longer, though I like it almost as much now that I've seen the OP.
geishageek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Yea so I finally got my answer. hahah I like both songs but I did not like the opening sequence at all. It just didn't fit the show.. The closing was awesome and by far one of my fave closings in a long long time. I normally do not watch OP or ED but I will watch the ending now until its over. haha
Cloe

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I love how strange and stylized the new opening sequence is. It's really unconventional, which I like. The imagery for the ending credits is a little too standard to fit well with the music, IMO, but I appreciate the effort. More than anything, I appreciate the word "f*cker" being screamed in an anime's opening theme song. I wonder if Viz is regretting that license now. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
at first i didn't really like the 2nd op. very much but once i looked past the face i understand the reason
Adept_Rogue_Saiki

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:04 am Reply with quote
When I first heard the ending I was surprised. I did not expect a metal type song to play for an anime opening. I liked both of them because I am a metal fan. I think that Viz will get rid of the opening because of the cursing.
geishageek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:18 am Reply with quote
Viz is normally pretty good about keeping things intact. It would be silly to change anything on a show as popular as Death Note is going to be for them. If they did change the 2nd OP, there would most likely be an uproar from fans as with any other alteration that has been made over the last few years.
v1cious

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Maximum the Hormone has to be one of my favorite Japanese bands right now. after hearing the new Death Note op/ed, i decided to check out their other stuff. i have to say this band is great.

on another note: the video for Zetsubou Billy is hilarious
Amethyst Alchemist
Former ANN Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:51 pm Reply with quote
At first these songs really surprised me. Definitely not typical for anime. Normally I want absolutely nothing Exclamation to do with that type of music. But the more I listen to those songs the more I like them, especially the opening. It will be interesting to see how Viz deals with those lyrics. I really think the songs fit well with the series because they are so hardcore, and you can't get much more hardcore than the themes and brutality that happen in death note.
NaotoKun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:37 am Reply with quote
I didn't realy like the new OP or ED. I was a little anxious for a new OP and Ed because I got kind of sick of the old ones, but now I'm dissapointed.
The music wasn't too bad, but I don't think the song really matches with the anime. Look at the lyrics of the old OP and Ed and compare to the new ones.
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:37 pm Reply with quote
yeh the ending I like pretty much the second time i heard it and actually tried listening to all of it but for the op it took a while till i got the idea of why it was used as the op, i think it suits it well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2