• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BT'X Set for US

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandra monte

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Well.
I didn´t see anime. Manga´s being launched in Brazil and only fans of Kurumada´traces find BTX a good title...

Anime can be good... Because manga is... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Sandra Monte
Ryusui

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm that interested in B't X, but it's nice to know ADV isn't sitting on the license anymore.

...Is it just me, or does ADV kinda suck nowadays?
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
Can't say I'm that interested in B't X, but it's nice to know ADV isn't sitting on the license anymore.

...Is it just me, or does ADV kinda suck nowadays?

It isn't ADV Smile
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah!!!!!!

Yeah, ADV does suck. But all the licensees have their little quirks which can irritate us fans. Geneon gives us few if any extras. Funimation doesn't seem to think any of us are credit whores & want to see who does what on the original Japanese version. Viz is also thin on credits & extras & they use Ocean a lot which is a mixed bag (If on likes Ocean, great. If one hates Ocean, it's obviously bad). Manga is slow. MediaBlasters...I love them, but the feel like guys selling stuff out of the back of a truck-here, have the whole lot. ADV has the feel of being fans originally. MediaBlasters may or may not be fans, but they know what they can sell & they price it appealingly. They just don't always seem really informed. There was a gal asking about the Mirage of Blaze OVA at Comic-con while I was checking out the booth & the gal behind the table, after checking out the paperwork, said, yeah, the OVA is part of the series when the question was is it part of the box (She was buying for a friend who had the box) I told her the OVA came out after the box & explained what it was about while the gal behind the counter was insisting it was part of the box so the lady didn't buy it (since the gal behind the table should have known more than I did, right?)

Even before I got into Saint Seiya, I was aware of BTX because it has several good VA's in it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1