• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Samurai Flamenco Episodes 1-6 Streaming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Well episode 7 sure took a turn on a bit of things....I was not expecting that.

But so far, the entire series as a whole is only slightly decent for me. I'll look forward to what else Hazama has in stored for this series' fans but I'm not too big of a fan so far. After reading the review, I might give Dai-Guard a try in the future as well.

More importantly, I'll definitely hope to see Goto become a major role in this show later on. This show is composed of 22 episodes so there's definitely enough time to get that part through I bet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:54 pm Reply with quote
One thing I really appreciate about this show is the cast list: A vast majority of the principal characters have done either tokusatsu or other live stage work. There's a certain level of savvy to be able to do that.

Stark700 wrote:
This show is composed of 22 episodes

Could you tell the production team that? Because it sure doesn't feel like they know that.

Funny thing about this slow-burner of a show is that even before episode 7, I thought this show wasn't slow enough. Flamenco Girl escalated things a little too fast for my taste. I liked the show when it was a breezy slice-of-lifer about the clash between children's TV heroism and the reality of the adult world.

Ironically, I remember watching the climax of episode 1 and wondering if this show was going to a dark place. I was very glad when it didn't.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
Unless it gets explained in the next episode and everything goes back to normal, in which case nevermind

I think this is most likely. At least, I hope it is.
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame you couldn't squeeze episode 7 into this review. Oh maaaaaaan...
suprememoonempress

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I am enjoying this every time I see the theme of the doe and the characters. Though some characters I feel are out of place and just there.Some actions are not justified. I hope as they goes on it becomes very popular. It seems it has all the great mixture in it but won't take the moment it needs to launch off
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
It's a shame you couldn't squeeze episode 7 into this review. Oh maaaaaaan...

I actually am glad he did not. I know everyone is eager to talk about ep 7 but it makes a lot more sense to just review the first six which were much more consistent and therefore easy to talk about as a group. And I don't even know what one would say about ep 7 right now. I think we're all just kinda waiting for subsequent episodes to tell us wtf was up with that. So yea, better to talk about what SF has been like for the bulk of its run here. Then talk about whatever the heck it is becoming in a later review when we have more info.
Rextyn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Normally I wouldn't say this as I like my shows to get down to it and let us know what the deal is. But this is the rare show where the "I'm not totally sure where this is going" angle is a feature and not a bug. And after Ep 7....yeah.
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:55 am Reply with quote
The review does the show justice, I think, even if it appeals to me a lot more than it does to the reviewer, but for the same reasons mentioned and well explained by him. It's easily the show I am looking forward to the most every week right now. I absolutely love how it took it's time to make me care about Masayoshi like that. And I am 100% certain Goto will step into the spotlight sooner or later. Evertything depends on where things go from here, of course. Also, I love how the character designs actually include noses and are still very pretty to look at. There are far too few noses in the world of anime. Wink
Sylpher3

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:31 am Reply with quote
I felt the review didn’t dig deep enough to explain/notice the sheer brilliance of SF. I already saw it in the first episode: This show gives a significant social commentary in a very intelligent mature way. It addresses the growing apathy, the emphasis on individualism and the way people prioritize self-serving convenience over solidarity and decency in modern day society. It’s a beautiful message that is well-applicable in real-life. And on the surface, it’s a genuinely funny show with enjoyable character interactions .
SF has an almost perfect balance between being entertaining and providing thematic depth.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:26 pm Reply with quote
this show didn't get good til episode 7.
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
Although the story seems to give a message about the problems of nowadays, the characters are really nice. Goto has to be one of the friendliest cops I've seen in anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2