• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Naruto Fighting Game Heads to PS3, Xbox 360 in 2014

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
So why doesn't One Piece have a fighting game like this for these platforms? I mean really!
flackenstien

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:25 am Reply with quote
This game better have the spoiler[Edo Kages, a KCM 24/7 Naruto with Biju Mode awakening, and most importantly, updated versions of Hashirama, Tobirama, and Tobi/Obito. (I couldn't care less if it has 10tails Obito or not..)]

Now, let's hope my comment doesn't get downvoted to hell, and deleted multiple times like it did at Crunchyroll...
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
flackenstien wrote:
Now, let's hope my comment doesn't get downvoted to hell, and deleted multiple times like it did at Crunchyroll...

My sides! Laughing

Bunch of Narutards upset over the whole Obito thing. I like Naruto, but I never got mad at the fact that spoiler[Tobi was Obito].

I'm looking forward to this game. I just picked up Full Burst.
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
So why doesn't One Piece have a fighting game like this for these platforms? I mean really!

I ask myself this question everytime a new Naruto fighting game comes out. One Piece Pirate Warriors sold over 1mill copies due to name alone (the Dynasty Warriors gameplay helped a little as well). I bet they could easily make a fighting game on consoles and sell at least 800,000+.

Heck, Namco even made a small .Hack// fighting game with a Ninja Storm style of fighting.

Back on topic, I'm interested. I don't read or watch current Shippuden so I'll need my refill on info, and the Ninja Storm games are a good source.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:20 pm Reply with quote
LoL I heard they just released the most recent game on steam, and everyone's just PO'ed because they thought they could balance it. This series will never be balanced, hell the interface alone prevents that.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:14 pm Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:

Heck, Namco even made a small .Hack// fighting game with a Ninja Storm style of fighting.

.hack//Versus was like a "demo" it was only available as a hybrid pack when you buy the new .hack movie on blu ray. The actual game was on the same disc as the movie. This was printed in limited quantities and not released anywhere outside of Japan, also, it bombed. The sales where very bad lol.

The actual game (demo) was okay. I imported it, and I enjoyed it. It only had 8 characters, but it was polished. I guess because it was so small it was very well made. (it was developed by CC2, just like the naruto games, but it plays nothing like storm)

Back on topic, this announcement sounds bad. I bet this will be another generations with no story mode. Also, 88 characters were in NUNS3, so that means 12 new ones? Thats pretty bad. I think its gameplay > characters. And the gameplay is pretty generic, not to mention how broken and unbalanced it is
Sango chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This game better have the Edo Kages, a KCM 24/7 Naruto with Biju Mode awakening,

I'm telling you now, Don't get your hopes up. It's 99% likely that it's NOT happening.

and with the Game, they are rushing it. They just came out with NUNS 3 in March. This one is likely to be just a broken as NUNS 3. But they might have been working on this the same time they worked on the 3rd one.

Let's just hope the characters are actually balanced in this game.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Is one of the silhouetted characters spoiler[Obito?]
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Finally, over 100 characters. Naruto has plenty of characters, its time they used them!

Of course, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 already did the 100+ characters. Very Happy
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Can they please add the sound four? I really want to play as Tayuya. Anime cry
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:25 pm Reply with quote
AnimeDuelist15 wrote:
flackenstien wrote:

My sides! Laughing

You know, maybe if you two knew how to use spoiler tags people wouldn't be that way. Rolling Eyes

TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Is one of the silhouetted characters spoiler[Obito?]

I'm almost positive the silhouets are of action figures. One looks like Naruto standing, the other looks like Naruto bent into a 3-tailed cloak with a head and tails plugged in. There are no figures made like that, but I wonder if maybe the game features some puppet versions of characters? spoiler[Obito] is rarely seen wearing anything so form fitting or with a thigh pouch.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jkphantom

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
Can they please add the sound four? I really want to play as Tayuya. Anime cry

I'm with you man. I really want Sound 4, Kurenai, etc. to be PLAYABLE characters...
Max465

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
Back on topic, this announcement sounds bad. I bet this will be another generations with no story mode. Also, 88 characters were in NUNS3, so that means 12 new ones? Thats pretty bad. I think its gameplay > characters. And the gameplay is pretty generic, not to mention how broken and unbalanced it is

Note that it says that the roster is OVER 100 characters. Plus when NUNS3 was announced it was advertised with over 80 characters. So over 100 could be anywhere from 101 to 109 characters.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
Max465 wrote:

Note that it says that the roster is OVER 100 characters. Plus when NUNS3 was announced it was advertised with over 80 characters. So over 100 could be anywhere from 101 to 109 characters.

True, and I might be wrong. However, thats not 100 clean characters. We'll have like 7 naruto's and sasuke's, the pre shippuden cast, 2 slots for gaara, choji, itachi, bee etc.. In all honesty, I wonder how many characters will be new and not alterations of pre-existing ones
Aara123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Finally, over 100 characters. Naruto has plenty of characters, its time they used them!

Of course, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 already did the 100+ characters. Very Happy

And just like in Budokai Tenkaichi 3, a LOT of these "100 characters" are different variations of the same character. 6 Narutos, 5 Sasukes, 3 Kakashis, 3 Madaras, etc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1