• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Licenses Eureka Seven TV Anime Series

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rosebrook11

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Figured that this would happen sooner or later, but I'm super happy that it has been confirmed.
rootsofjustice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
PreviewsWorld also listed Good Night, Sleep Tight Young Lovers as a FUNimation release. About time they finally admitted to having this though, we've known since October that they did.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
bandai was the best Sad. this just makes me miss them again
Divineking

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
About time. The solicitation for it got leaked over a month ago, and a trailer for it was in one of the new One Piece releases. Totally ridiculous that they stayed quite about it for so long (especially given the profile of the license in question) and I hope this doesn't become a trend with them.

That aside I look forward to picking up the release since I never got around to Bandai's DVDs
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Ugh. You know, the show bombed on TV for a second time just last year, I don't think re-re-releasing it is really going to accomplish much of anything. Just saying.
InuNaruPokeAlchemist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Funimation gods! Very Happy <3

Looks like I will double dip to get this on Blu-ray. Smile

Last edited by InuNaruPokeAlchemist on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Fina-freakin-ly. I really enjoyed this show on Toonami but not enough to pay some of the crazy prices out there. Hope they can announce a date soon.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm incredibly happy that FUNimation is releasing my favorite anime again! Plus, they will be doing Blu-Ray...I might have to double dip simply for that factor...
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Ugh. You know, the show bombed on TV for a second time just last year, I don't think re-re-releasing it is really going to accomplish much of anything. Just saying.

Uh, no. It's always done well on TV (its premiere run was pretty strong), and its rerun had remarkably high ratings for, well, you know, a rerun. It may not be Naruto-level popular, but that doesn't mean it's a bomb. Ever heard of a "cult hit"?
Tavia_93

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote
I already have most of the series with single volumes. But, I think I'll breakdown and purchase a complete set or the parts, depending on how they decide to release it. Anyway, this is awesome news~ Very Happy
Togame

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if DVD and Blu-ray are going to use different master copies because it would be pretty interesting to own both versions, a filtered upscale one and maybe poorer compression but generally sharper more detailed one. Either way I'll probably try and import these sets.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
CCharmanderK wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

Uh, no. It's always done well on TV (its premiere run was pretty strong), and its rerun had remarkably high ratings for, well, you know, a rerun. It may not be Naruto-level popular, but that doesn't mean it's a bomb. Ever heard of a "cult hit"?

It was among the lowest rated shows when it was on both times. It's just one of those shows that doesn't really deliver an exceptional return.
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
CCharmanderK wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

It was among the lowest rated shows when it was on both times. It's just one of those shows that doesn't really deliver an exceptional return.

I don't think that the TV ratings really have that much to do with how profitable a series like this will be for a company like Funimation. Sure the TV ratings may be low, but what percentage of those watching have bought or would like to buy the series on DVD/BD. Those numbers are what matter more for licensing companies.

Though it does feel nice when a show does perform well on TV.

Just keep in mind that most anime make next to no money on TV runs. TV runs are usually big, expensive advertisements in hopes people will purchase the home video release which will have much higher profit margins.

Also, to avoid double posting, I'll just add here that I'm quite pleased, though hardly surprised by this.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote
I would like to note that even if it did get crap ratings on its rerun on Toonami, it was on at like 4am. I haven't seen the show so I can't really say either way, but I think that going by ratings for any show at 4am is iffy.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Heard it did well way back when. Bought the Bandai release back in 2011 so won't affect much. Kinda wonder why some guys didn't buy them back then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4