• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Trials of the Soul

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sfried

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:58 am Reply with quote
Wow, people are talking about Mainline Megaten releases and nobody's mentioning Soul Hackers on 3DS. Also SMTIV and Strange Journey (the latter being a rather good entry level game) are great ways to get into the series proper.
DRWii

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Wow, people are talking about Mainline Megaten releases and nobody's mentioning Soul Hackers on 3DS. Also SMTIV and Strange Journey (the latter being a rather good entry level game) are great ways to get into the series proper.

First, "Soul Hackers" isn't mainline "MegaTen"; it's part of the "Devil Summoner" series. Also, I'm only a half-hour in or so, so I'm in no position to recommend it or not.

Second, while I really liked "Strange Journey," I'm not so sure it's a good place to start, as its style of SF is different than the other games. "SMT IV" is probably the most accessible of the main series (certainly the numbered ones), but since the post I was responding to mainly asked about "Persona," my recommendations on other "MegaTen" games were based on how I personally would ease someone into the rest of the franchise from new-school "Persona."
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote
You know, I don't even remember what happened at the end of Haibane Renmei. I drifted through that entire series in sort of a quasi-dreamlike stupor, which I guess was sort of the point, but still.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3