• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3rd Ghost in the Shell: Arise Episode Slated for June 28

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Damn, that's more than over half a year from now....;.; oh well, hope the wait will be worth it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:34 am Reply with quote
The wait won't be so hard for me since I just watch it when it appears, but I wasn't so hot on the first Arise episode.
dan9999

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:59 am Reply with quote
I was able to withstand Hellsing Ultimate, I am immune now.
Ghostless

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Just returned from theater just now, the animation was mind blowing, I'm just mesmerized at what Production IG is capable of, I think it's safe to say that there're at the top! seeing stuff like this made me forget the industry's woes for a little while!!

few things I did'nt like were maybe the slow mo within action scenes & they butchered a little Saito's maturity though they're uber youngs!

Music was good, eletro but I miss the Origa/Kanno tandem.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Where FUNimation at with that second disc?
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:39 am Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
Where FUNimation at with that second disc?

Was wondering that myself. Though there were only 2500 units of the special import edition, I haven't heard how many were actually sold. I'm hoping there were enough to justify doing the same thing for the remaining episodes. I bought the special edition of the first episode primarily for the swag (filmstrip and translated booklet).

As Funimation has said they want to screen the first two episodes (possibly as a Part 1 of 2) in theatres later this year, I'm wondering if they'll proceed with then combining the two episodes on a single disc for a general (dubbed) home video release shortly thereafter. If episode three is released in June next year in theatres in Japan, it wouldn't surprise me if the timing of episode four is similar to this year's episode two (ie November 2014). If everything works out, then we might see a Part 2 of 2 (ie episodes 3 and 4) in a general release from Funi in the first part of 2015. Either that, or the general release is based on individual episodes (higher production costs) or all four at once (lower production costs, but much longer wait). Only time will tell. Whatever method is chosen, I'll still buy them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1