• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2014 Super Sentai Show Tokkyūger Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veniamin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting some GoGoV and Megaranger vibes here. pretty excited.

Also, it has something to do with "Rainbow" and "Darkness" if I'm not mistaken. didn't read the details/plot for it.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Is it that time for the Sentai fanbrats are going to bitch about the look and compare it to Gokaiger again?
chao8971

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:48 pm Reply with quote
Veniamin wrote:
I'm getting some GoGoV and Megaranger vibes here. pretty excited.

I was actually thinking of Megaranger whenever I saw the picture of them. Looking forward to it, hoping it is a good show.
UkiyaSeed

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Is it that time for the Sentai fanbrats are going to bitch about the look and compare it to Gokaiger again?

That's for the ones who started Sentai with Gokaiger. The older ones will be pissed with the design at first then will start loving it once the show starts airing before getting pissed off again once the show starts to become a disappointment.

Wash, rinse then repeat.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
All aboard the hype train.
midori kou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:57 pm Reply with quote
ukiya_seed wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

That's for the ones who started Sentai with Gokaiger. The older ones will be pissed with the design at first then will start loving it once the show starts airing before getting pissed off again once the show starts to become a disappointment.

Wash, rinse then repeat.

I am greatly guilty of this. Personally I have no love for the suits and mech design. When I first heard this theme, I thought they would make the outfits look like conductor uniforms (kinda like how Dekaranger are based off from police uniforms). Sadly, didn't got my wish there. I just hope the story is written well and the characters are likeable.
Davy0

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad that we're back up to two girls, and it's neat that they seem to be able to switch equipment/colors, so we might get to see some female red action again.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:57 pm Reply with quote
The designs really don't seem very inspired, but hey, two females again is nice at least.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
I figured fans would be happy. I've been seeing people asking for a train-themed sentai for ten years now.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:49 am Reply with quote
Otaku_X wrote:
I figured fans would be happy. I've been seeing people asking for a train-themed sentai for ten years now.

For the most part, it's the designs that people are displeased with, not the theme. I've seen the suit designs called "too plain", "lazy", and other similar things, although with the power-switching aspect, it's being theorized that the suits are a "one size fits all" kinda thing, and the identifying portions (the numbers) and skirts are removable, to switch them to the colored suit needed, to explain the simpleness.

The mech design is also being called "too clunky" and such, although, for both suits and mechs, a lot of people are willing to wait for them in action (for both) and non-toy (for the mechs).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1