• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuke Ono, Hiroshi Kamiya's Radio Show Gets 2nd Film in Theaters All Across Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I wish I could see this, but there's zero chance of it coming to the U.S.

I didn't know they'd done a movie before this one. And Masochistic Ono Band! Anime hyper These guys are too funny...
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:06 pm Reply with quote
SnaphappyFMA wrote:
I wish I could see this, but there's zero chance of it coming to the U.S.

I didn't know they'd done a movie before this one. And Masochistic Ono Band! Anime hyper These guys are too funny...

Well if Crunchyroll can pick this up, that would make some people uncluding you happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
LoL, I didn't think ANN would pick up news like this, or else I would have sent it in a couple weeks ago when it was announced at the Dear Boy Matsuri event. Anime hyper

SnaphappyFMA wrote:

The first "movie" was them going around Ushiku for OnoD's birthday. They were actually recording the radio show. UchiP, one of the producers, always films recordings of the radio show and for the Ushiku show they just edited it and later put it in theaters.

This "movie" in Hong Kong is also just the boys going around the country. It shouldn't be scripted like an actual movie. News that they were in Hong Kong (via spottings by the locals) spread around Twitter a few months ago. Most people, including me, just assumed that they were shooting an MOB music video, but it turns out that they were filming for a second "movie."

CAN'T WAIT!!! Wonder if I can get tix for a showing on the first day.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I am waiting for the news that they are filming in Philadelphia for their next movie, even NY would be fine.

Hey a girl can dream. Very Happy
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Now that I've had time to actually read the article...

Quote:
The filming of the new music video of Masochistic Ono Band (MOB for short), the six-piece air band formed by Ono and Kamiya in the first film

This information is incorrect. The band was not formed in the first movie; it was formed during one of the radio episodes much later, and the "band" had their "debut" at the Budoukan event in February. My report of the Budoukan event can be found here if anyone is interested.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
LoL, I didn't think ANN would pick up news like this, or else I would have sent it in a couple weeks ago when it was announced at the Dear Boy Matsuri event. Anime hyper

SnaphappyFMA wrote:

The first "movie" was them going around Ushiku for OnoD's birthday. They were actually recording the radio show. UchiP, one of the producers, always films recordings of the radio show and for the Ushiku show they just edited it and later put it in theaters.

This "movie" in Hong Kong is also just the boys going around the country. It shouldn't be scripted like an actual movie. News that they were in Hong Kong (via spottings by the locals) spread around Twitter a few months ago. Most people, including me, just assumed that they were shooting an MOB music video, but it turns out that they were filming for a second "movie."

CAN'T WAIT!!! Wonder if I can get tix for a showing on the first day.

I love that they do things like this! They are such goofballs in those Dear Girl Stories videos I see on You Tube.

I also love Kamiya-san's intense expression in the movie poster. LOL!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1