Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, November 25-December 1




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kutsu



Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Posts: 394

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon has been doing decently with this new season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jave



Joined: 08 Aug 2013
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
Pokemon has been doing decently with this new season.


They basically took everything that people complained about with Best Wishes and made it good again, so I'm not surprised Laughing It's sooo much better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hellwarden



Joined: 10 Aug 2013
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:22 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm, it's been a while since Naruto Shippūden was in the top 10 hasn't it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kutsu



Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Posts: 394

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Hellwarden wrote:
Hmmm, it's been a while since Naruto Shippūden was in the top 10 hasn't it?


Not having Sazae-san (the weekly episode), Doraemon and Shin-chan in the ranking obviously makes things easier. ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jymmy



Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Posts: 704

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Jave wrote:
Kutsu wrote:
Pokemon has been doing decently with this new season.


They basically took everything that people complained about with Best Wishes and made it good again, so I'm not surprised Laughing It's sooo much better.

This is the first Pokémon season I've watched since I was a kid. What were the issues with Best Wishes and what have they changed, out of interest?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Hellwarden



Joined: 10 Aug 2013
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
jymmy wrote:
Jave wrote:
Kutsu wrote:
Pokemon has been doing decently with this new season.


They basically took everything that people complained about with Best Wishes and made it good again, so I'm not surprised Laughing It's sooo much better.

This is the first Pokémon season I've watched since I was a kid. What were the issues with Best Wishes and what have they changed, out of interest?


Well, for starters, it feels like a much more mature season, both in character design and action. Best Wishes wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, but it had a really rough start. Mainly I think because the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami meant they had to basically retcon a giant clash between Team Rocket and Team Plasma they had to been building up to for the first 24 episodes.

The writers also gave Ash way too many Pokemon for all of them to get good screen time, and it was also the first season where Ash...

spoiler[regress progress wise in league placement.]

Best Wishes also reused animation so much it really sucked the tension right out of many of the battles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Oshawott



Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 384

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm absolutely thrilled that Pokemon XY is at the upper half of the ranking. Surprised I'm willing to bet this of season of Pokemon will be more exciting than Black and White: Best Wishes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ushio



Joined: 31 Jul 2005
Posts: 165

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:36 am Reply with quote
All the runner up 7 make it this week with 3 of the big dogs not airing.

But don't you think it's boring when only 13 shows ever get on the list?

Big four

Sazae-san
Chibi Maruko-chan
Crayon Shin-chan
Doraemon

Middle Two

Detective Conan
One Piece

Runner up Seven

Animated O-saru no George (Curious George)
Animation Hitsuji no Shaun (Shaun the Sheep)
Pokémon
Precure
Space Brothers
Naruto Shippūden
Toriko

The only way anything else gets in is during the holidays when the top 6 all have breaks.


Also Naruto last got on the list on October 7-13 when shin-chan didn't air.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Minimimiau



Joined: 06 Oct 2013
Posts: 27
Location: somewhere on this planet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
All weeks the same titles, but Naruto is there only because Sazae San isn't there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sariachan



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 940
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Sometimes Hunter X Hunter showed up in the list, too. I hope it'll happen again before the new anime ends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kutsu



Joined: 23 Apr 2011
Posts: 394

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Sariachan wrote:
Sometimes Hunter X Hunter showed up in the list, too. I hope it'll happen again before the new anime ends.


It won't. Not with the new time slot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sariachan



Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 940
Location: Italy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:23 am Reply with quote
Kutsu wrote:
Sariachan wrote:
Sometimes Hunter X Hunter showed up in the list, too. I hope it'll happen again before the new anime ends.


It won't. Not with the new time slot.

Too bad then. Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group