• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Issues with playing older ANNCasts

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brainchild129

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
On a lark, I decided to listen to the Revenge of the 80s ANNCast. The problem was that when I pressed the Play button, the podcast itself would not load. I tried to download it from the relevant link, but the link is dead. I tried the RSS, but that only goes back for the last 40 episodes. The same goes for the iTunes page.

It's not that my computer can't use the embedded player at all - any ANNCast dating from September 2012 onward (from "Brad Behavior," ANNCast #131) plays fine on my computer. Anything before that simply never loads and thus never plays. I suspect that this was an unforeseen side effect of the site update, as I have never had this problem before that point.

So has anyone else run into this issue? And is there anything that can be done to restore the greater part of the ANNCast archive to the site?
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1