• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation March 2014 Solicitations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Might be tempted to snag up Robotics;Notes when both halves come out. Beyond that, not much else grabbing my interest to buy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Very curious to see how the Kamisama Kiss and Psycho-Pass releases will do...I can only imagine what's in store for Attack on Titan.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Wooga wrote:
psycho pass with a soundtrack! ohh i want it

This. Definitely buying Psycho-Pass with the premium edition, loved the hell out of this show so damned much. Glad they picked the show to get a premium edition and including soundtrack CDs too is awesome.

Will also get Fairy Tail and the second half of Accel World since I already have the first.

willag wrote:
Booyah, Psycho-Pass Premium Edition, baby!

I forsee shelf space being an issue sooner than I expected. Hm... I'm going to have to be more selective on what series I buy premium editions for, what series I downgrade to regular editions, and what series I just need to sell/get rid of. I still have one entire bookcase to fill, but at the rate things are going it could fill up quickly.

Same here, also seem to be picking up more shows than usual again, may have to get more picky.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
That premium edition of Pyscho-Pass is very tempting. I've been toying with the idea of ordering the goddess edition of Kamisama Kiss because it looked pretty sweet and I wanted to encourage that release strategy, but been reluctant because I'm unsure if I would enjoy the show. (I have uneven reactions to shōjo; sometimes I find it tedious, other times refreshing and emotionally satisfying) I have more confidence in Psycho-pass, so that might just resolve my equivocation.

Of course, I could get away with both if I cared too. Decisions... decisions... GOOSE!

I have high hopes for this release strategy. It would be nice if FUNIMation could find a niche for releases more elaborate than their usual limited editions, but more accessible than Aniplex's relatively exorbitant releases. (I have a bad 'shoot for the stars' mentality on this; even if I'm uncertain about a series, I can't resist the highest-tier release of it... hence why I still haven't been able to swallow buying Puella Magi Madoka Magica yet)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
That premium edition of Psycho-Pass is very tempting. I've been toying with the idea of ordering the goddess edition of Kamisama Kiss because it looked pretty sweet and I wanted to encourage that release strategy, but been reluctant because I'm unsure if I would enjoy the show. (I have uneven reactions to shōjo; sometimes I find it tedious, other times refreshing and emotionally satisfying) I have more confidence in Psycho-pass, so that might just resolve my equivocation.

Isn't this precisely the reason why streaming exists? So you can figure out if you like the series to that degree...

-Says the guy who blind bought Madoka Magica (thank goodness it worked out)
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:28 pm Reply with quote
So PP is up on TRSI. Has there been any word on how many copies of the premium edition there will be? The premium edition for Kamisama Kiss is limited to 2500.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
The Premium Edition of Psycho Pass and the Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutors + OVA Collection for me. Looks like it will be a busy month.

EDIT: A really busy month with stuff from Sentai, VIZ, and Siren Visual coming as well, I will be penniless. Anime cry
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 am Reply with quote
Is This a Zombie?: Complete Collection (Anime Classics) (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) got listed by AAA Anime and RACS. Release date: 3/25/2014. MSRP: $44.98.

EDIT: conflicting info (BD/DVD combo for FUNimation.com trailer & AAA Anime vs. DVD only @ RACS.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:56 pm Reply with quote
potatochobit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
lmfao, kore wa zombie is already an anime classic
they should have just released it on bluray in the first place
not that I mind the cheaper price
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
If Kore wa Zombie desuka anime classic is truely a Blu ray combo pack I'm going to be super pissed. I just bought season 1 and 2 DVD limited editions because they said that because of licensing reasons they had to do a DVD only release.

Now the Blu Rays are available well now I have to double dip. That's not cool at all Funimation. So if the above was true they should have said we are working on the Blu Ray rights and for those that want them they should wait.
rydia251

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:10 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
If Kore wa Zombie desuka anime classic is truely a Blu ray combo pack I'm going to be super pissed. I just bought season 1 and 2 DVD limited editions because they said that because of licensing reasons they had to do a DVD only release.

Now the Blu Rays are available well now I have to double dip. That's not cool at all Funimation. So if the above was true they should have said we are working on the Blu Ray rights and for those that want them they should wait.

I'm in the same boat, but would not be the first time. (will I ever learn?) Bought the Panty and Stocking DVD's, annnnnnd a couple months later double-dipped on the BD's. Jerks. Just wait a couple months and release the BD's.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
http://www.rightstuf.com/n/FT0000006506
Quote:
Important Information For Customers Who Ordered PSYCHO-PASS Premium Edition
Posted on: Thursday, February 27, 2014

We have been made aware of a manufacturing issue with the artbox for the PSYCHO-PASS Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Collection Premium Edition. Customers have noticed the artbox does not stand up straight when removed from the shrink wrap packaging.

After contacting the publisher, they have acknowledged this is indeed a design flaw, and are working to manufacture replacement boxes. This process will take approximately 4-6 weeks. If you would like a replacement box for your PSYCHO-PASS Season 1 Blu-ray Complete Collection Premium Edition and have ordered from Right Stuf, please contact us via email, live chat, or the form on our website and we will put in a replacement order for no additional charge.

Customers who did not purchase through Right Stuf will need to contact FUNimation directly.

Also as a result, orders that have not yet shipped have been placed on hold until we receive replacement boxes. If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care department through regular channels and we will be happy to assist you.

We expect to resume shipment and send replacement boxes in 4-6 weeks.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm guessing anyone who ordered the P-P Premium Edition is a little cheesed right about now...
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Yeah that's annoying. Mine hasn't shipped out yet because of another pre-order item in my order, so hopefully the new boxes will be done by then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4