• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network Head Stu Snyder to Step Down

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vangelionite88

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 am Reply with quote
wait wasnt he the guy that tried to push all this liveaction nonsense onto CN?
Davy0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
vangelionite88 wrote:

Yes.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
Is it really official that Stuart Snyder is retiring from being the head of Cartoon Network?
If that's the case, I'm willing to bet that they'll be plenty of folks celebrating his departure, since I've heard that not too many people liked how he ran Cartoon Network over those past six years...
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Is it really official that Stuart Snyder is retiring from being the head of Cartoon Network?
If that's the case, I'm willing to bet that they'll be plenty of folks celebrating his departure, since I've heard that not too many people liked how he ran Cartoon Network over those past six years...

You don't even know how good this news is for CN watchers. Heck, I'm happy right now! Nothing can make my smile go down at the moment. I feel bad that I'm celebrating someone stepping down, but I didn't like any of what he tried to do with CN. The only good things to come from his run as president was Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Gumball. All the reality stuff was terrible Incredible Crew, just... no.
partysmores

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
Just hopin the next person can do a better job, or at the very least no worse. I'd hate lose someone bad to someone worse.
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:01 am Reply with quote
Cue the Naruto OST "Victory".
Cue the Inazuma Eleven opening theme "Katte Nakou Ze".
Cue the Inazuma Eleven GO opening theme "Naseba Narunosa Nanairo Tamago"
Cue the Naruto theme song "GO!!"
Cue any other anime theme songs or OSTs with that kind of feeling to celebrate this.

Now we have to wait to see if we could trust the new person running Cartoon Network.

Anime hyper Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:15 am Reply with quote
Yup, 2008(or 09, whenever they stopped airing Naruto when there was 10 episodes left, but the big blow was Toonami ending) was when I stopped watching CN(not counting adult swim) because of the crap that was beginning to air. The only time during these 5-6 years that I went back to CN was to watch Young Justice.

Lets hope the next guy loves anime and Young Justice.
L stole my cookie!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:29 am Reply with quote
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 am Reply with quote
Quote:
"It is with mixed emotions that I share with you the news that I will be leaving the company at the end of the month," Snyder wrote in an email.

Most of us are having victory dance and you will have no emotion from us. .____.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:52 am Reply with quote
Maybe now, we can get action shows that won't get cancelled after their first season because the toys either didn't sell (Young Justice) or get made at all (Sym-Bionic Titan).

While I agree that Snyder made some bad decisions, he started to wise up when "Adventure Time" started and we got more cartoons and less live action. I think "Level Up" is the only live action show they have left, but I haven't heard anything about that in a while, so it's probably cancelled. Also, "Unnatural History" was a good show. It just didn't belong on CN.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:24 am Reply with quote
So, who was head of CN during '00-'03, when their desire to get rid of classic reruns drove them to picking their schoolyard hostility-issues smear-campaign against Hanna-Barbera, including so many neurotically obsessive attacks on 70's Superfriends, that Warner's DC Animation had to step up their game just to shut them up and restore the comics' good name again?

That's considered to be one of the stepping stones toward the Decline of Cable, and we'd like to know who. (Although it really started with Disney Channel, but they've already kicked out Rich Ross.)

partysmores wrote:

(Eh, go take a shampoo and drink your Mini Diet Pepsi...) Razz
Pikawil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:07 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
So, who was head of CN during '00-'03, when their desire to get rid of classic reruns drove them to picking their schoolyard hostility-issues smear-campaign against Hanna-Barbera, including so many neurotically obsessive attacks on 70's Superfriends, that Warner's DC Animation had to step up their game just to shut them up and restore the comics' good name again?

That's considered to be one of the stepping stones toward the Decline of Cable, and we'd like to know who. (Although it really started with Disney Channel, but they've already kicked out Rich Ross.)

The man you're seeking is Jim Samples, he who has resigned from Cartoon Network out of personal shame in 2007 following the Boston Aqua Teen Hunger Force bomb incident.
_V_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:51 am Reply with quote
Davy0 wrote:
vangelionite88 wrote:

Yes.

Good riddance. I hope the door hits him on the way out.

Time for some dance celebration music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nExTGKWKXZY
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
The damage has already been done. This won't necessarily mean the resurgence of "classics" like Johnny Bravo or Cow and Chicken, and it doesn't necessarily mean adult swim's Saturday line-up (a.k.a., Toonami) will become a daily thing.

Hopefully, this will be the beginning some fresh ideas that college-aged "'90s kids" can hate. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3