• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight Winter 2014-The List

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Don't worry, I'm sure Chagen is also in all of the Kuroko no Basket threads, where they rarely discuss the episode itself and is mostly just a bunch of fujoshi posting images of their favourite guy, telling them to screw off back to /y/

I'll do that when yuri fans and yaoi fans are considered equal in the fandom at large.

But until you guys stop treating us like second-class citizens...how about no.

Literally I want is equality and you guys shit on me for it.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:04 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:

Don't worry, I'm sure Chagen is also in all of the Kuroko no Basket threads, where they rarely discuss the episode itself and is mostly just a bunch of fujoshi posting images of their favourite guy, telling them to screw off back to /y/

I'll do that when yuri fans and yaoi fans are considered equal in the fandom at large.

But until you guys stop treating us like second-class citizens...how about no.

Literally I want is equality and you guys shit on me for it.
You speak as if the entire fandom loves yuri and despise yaoi. Except the truth is that yaoi has a way bigger presence than yuri in the western anime fandom. Plus we have to deal with shit from people like you all the time.

People who like yuri or yaoi are not the problem. It's people like you who go out of their way to attack the other side for no god damn reason who need to see that what they're doing is wrong.

Unless you're going to treat others with respect in the first place, you can forget about your messed up notion of what equality really means.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Wow, didn't know Sakura Trick was about the civil war between the Clan Yuri and Clan Yaoi.
Himeko90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Wow, didn't know Sakura Trick was about the civil war between the Clan Yuri and Clan Yaoi.

It is within the world of Chagen46.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:57 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Well we can't possibly let people get away with having different opinions from our own. I mean, what do you suggest? Enjoying your what you like while letting others enjoy what they like? In this day and age? I don't think so. Anime is a warzone and being neutral will get you nowhere.

spoiler[A disclaimer for Chagen seeing as it seems he has difficulty picking up on certain things. This is called sarcasm. It means I am saying something that I don't really mean in a manner where I emphasise how ridiculous I find it. In other words I don't, in fact, agree with your opinion.]
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:09 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:
Well we can't possibly let people get away with having different opinions from our own. I mean, what do you suggest? Enjoying your what you like while letting others enjoy what they like? In this day and age? I don't think so. Anime is a warzone and being neutral will get you nowhere.

spoiler[A disclaimer for Chagen seeing as it seems he has difficulty picking up on certain things. This is called sarcasm. It means I am saying something that I don't really mean in a manner where I emphasise how ridiculous I find it. In other words I don't, in fact, agree with your opinion.]

Well, I think the mods will disagree with your logic, but I guess you have free reign till they wake up in the morning.
LunarOtaku

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:33 am Reply with quote
Am I the only one who thinks the English cast of Space Dandy should have been credited in the spotlight? I mean, the English version is coming out simultaneously, even 30 mins before and on TV. That's monumental. Why isn't that highlighted?
Gattix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
And I'm telling /u/ to discuss a /u/ anime on, guess what, /u/ and not /a/. Oh no, the horror.

Except that’s not how it works and your new is showing pretty damn hard.

Chagen46 wrote:
I really, really wish people would shut up about Sakura Trick.

Chagen46 wrote:
Man, it's almost like there's other shows than ST to talk about!

This is hilarious. You’re trying really hard, are you? News flash: People are free to discuss whatever show they want, and you are free to leave.

TarsTarkas wrote:

It’s not, there’s literally just this one [insult removed] splerging about how he got raped by lesbians or some bulls**t.
I watch gay of all kinds just fine, so do other yuri fans. We’ve always had trap, gender bender yuri gay loli whatever threads where it really shows how close those 2 oh so different camps are. Chagen has literally created this war all by himself, and he probably found 4chan some time around Symphogear G, judging from how the threads went.

Please, go back to tumblr, but you probably won’t listen to me and continue your quest to fight all windmills on this earth. Oh well. Have fun, I guess, you won’t really gather interest for some of the more neglected genres like traps (something most yuri fans should be able to enjoy) this way though, quite the opposite in fact, you’re doing a great job at alienating people.

[Mod Edit: Insulting other users is not allowed, particularly through the use of such offensive slurs. - Keonyn]
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Chagen has literally created this war all by himself

I must have hallucinated yurifans treating us yaoifans like shit for 2 decades then. Along with your insistent attempts to ghetto us and demean us for what we like, also for two decades, along with your efforts to make us laughing stocks in the anime community at large.

But no, I obviously just hallucinated this war up.

Quote:
and he probably found 4chan some time around Symphogear G, judging from how the threads went.

I dropped Symphogeah by episode 7 of the original first season. I also didn't start watching it until AFTER G had aired.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Gods, this amazing persecution complex you have Chagen is so amusing. Yurifans have been treating yaoi fans like shit for 2 decades? Seriously? Please go into details about this because honestly, yaoifandom is alive and strong and dwarfs yurifandom by astronomical numbers. Its nearly a truism that "all girls like homos".
Gattix

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I must have hallucinated yurifans treating us yaoifans like shit for 2 decades then.

Pretty much. I don’t remember treating myself like shit. Where is this supposed to have happened? Blame your shitty community, not the genre. And maybe they treated you like a dick because you are one, not because you like yaoi, ever thought of that? If you run head first into a yuri meetup spouting your nonsense like you do online, you can’t really blame them for giving you the treatment you deserve.

Hey, you should move to Germany. Nothing but yaoi here, and it has always been that way. No yuri in the whole country. Could be a bit too boring for you though since hating on yuri seems to be your #1 hobby.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Then why are we laughing stocks in the anime community at large? There's been a concentrated though not centralized effort to ghetto us and demean for decades now and if you don't believe that...

I'd like to not be called a "faggot" or get mistaken for a girl and then get called a "fujoshi landwhale whore". I'd like for shows aimed at me to not get shitposted in oblivion by homophobes. I'd like to admit "I'm a BL fan" and NOT feel the laughter from others.

But apparently that's too much for you yuri fans.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
So, effectively Chargen46, you want everyone's views to mirror your own.

Yeah... that's not gonna happen. You're perfectly free to like whatever you like, but demanding we find those things acceptable, or that we don't state our own opinions about those things is not.

Maybe you should worry less about what others think and focus more on what you like.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
So, you're basing your entire view of a fanbase on your personal experience. As the poster above said inelegantly, you do tend to be a dick.

And honestly, why are you ashamed of being feminine? There's nothing wrong with girls and traps are awesome. Revel in it.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:

And honestly, why are you ashamed of being feminine? There's nothing wrong with girls and traps are awesome. Revel in it.

What? My statement was just talking about my fellow female BL fans and getting called "fujoshits", "landwhales", "whores", and the like. I'm tired of seeing people shit on my fellow fans like that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8