• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime Restarts in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kuro-Law

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
They should be pushing Nanatsu No Taizai imstead of fairy tail. You can tell fairy tail is losing its weight. NnT does pretty well in the magazine and it does well sales wise. A 12 or 24 episode anime adaption would help push that without having to put an alternat ending. It really has everything going for it. It reminds me of how FT was when it started
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
You know, I would have been much more excited about this if the rest of manga arcs were to make it worth waiting for but alas, for those who are up to date on the manga, I am already suspecting that anime-only viewers will definitely not like where this will be going once when we get there.

Once again, all I could say about what will be coming is that Mashima is great at build up but terrible payoff.
Super_Sam24?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
Finally I love Fairy Tail so much!
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
For Fairy tail fans it is really good news, but for me not. Scince October I haven't read the manga and now I don't care about continue reading it.
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
I'm also Fairy Tail fan and glad for it's return!

@Lycosyncer, are you talking about the spoiler[main cast being missing for 7 years]?

I am up to date with the manga with the North America releases.

Actually, I will be rather curious to see how that will translate to anime if they decide to follow the manga completely.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
This is excellent.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
@YesNoMaybe

No, I am talking way past that and remember where the anime series left off about the promise of a spoiler[dragon apocalypse where it foreshadows everyone possibly dying ala DBZ?]

Well, I've been up to date with the finale of the Grand Magic Games arc and without spoiling anything, I'll just say this, if the ending of the Grand Magic Games arc as it is were to be adapted to the big screen, expect a lot of booing and angry audiences demanding their money back for completely copping out of such a promising event and wasting everyone's time.
YesNoMaybe
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:03 pm Reply with quote
@Lycosyncer

Fair enough.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Oh, yes! More episodes of Fairy Tail to look forward to! Very Happy
I'm having a feeling that 2014 will have plenty going on throughout the show.

Alright! My 300th post!
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Kuro-Law wrote:
They should be pushing Nanatsu No Taizai imstead of fairy tail. You can tell fairy tail is losing its weight. NnT does pretty well in the magazine and it does well sales wise. A 12 or 24 episode anime adaption would help push that without having to put an alternat ending. It really has everything going for it. It reminds me of how FT was when it started

Nanatsu no Taizai won't get an anime for another years or two at least. They'll want to be able to make it a long running series, or at the very least have it be a one year series. You can't get that out of a series that hasn't even cracked 70 chapters.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Very cool!
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
If they fix the animation, I might come back to this show.
animemaster1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
KH91 wrote:
Dizzee wrote:
Makes no sense whatsoever, very misleading.

It only makes no sense and is misleading if you haven't been following. Why end it with "To be continued," then start showing reruns, along with saying "the anime isn't over," and then "restart" the anime from the beginning when they just aired reruns?

Would you have preferred the word "Relaunch?"(if so, that was stated in the article)

Anyway, the title has been changed. I'm very confused that someone didn't understand, but I apologize if there was any confusion on the reader's side as well. We had used the word "relaunch" for a similar article, so I decided not to use that word.

The reason that it can indeed be confusing to some is that saying restart really means starting over. And to those who aren't paying attention to news on the anime, including myself, it can make one think that they are doing just that, starting over. What you should have said, is it will RESUME in April, not restart. It makes a difference to someone reading it. They mean completely different things. That was exactly the first thing that came to my mind when I read "restart" as well. So it isn't just Dizzee who was confused.
TG72

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:46 pm Reply with quote
I'll be glad to have it back but wish they'd wait for the manga to get further ahead. I guess they could throw us a curve and end the Magic Games arc differently...
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Now Im waiting for them to bring back bleach
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4