• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fairy Tail Anime Restarts in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
You mean Fairy Tail will be getting the budget worthy of the manga's unarguably great action sequences? Surprised
Nuuzen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, perfect time as any to finally try out FT. Razz
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Aya Hirano and Rie Kugimiya completely destroyed in those roles. Happy for this, no pun intended.

Same with Sho Hayami. meeeeeen~
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:35 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the news update Very Happy, I can't wait to see Grand Magic Games finale Smile.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Hawkwing wrote:
Yay, can't wait until spring this year. Very Happy

Now where's that mindless crowd who clamied that Fairy Tail wouldn't return? Twisted Evil

those people don't know what are they talking about. They think they have inside info, but they don't. Those people also think we won't see new Bleach anime again too.

to me, if the manga hasn't end, there is always a chance to see new anime. Even inuyasha has an anime ending after a loooong break.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:08 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Fairy Tail come back. My monthly lineup just felt so empty without Fairy Tail in it!
Ryuk25

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:04 am Reply with quote
It's [expletive] simple, it ended aka turned off and its starting again aka restarting, it's just like a console/computer. He could have worded it better and said it is Restarting....oh wait that is what he said, re-starting aka starting again.
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
KLAC wrote:
really really really the fairy tail series get a continue on their anime yet over 10+ yrs no fresh eps of rave master anime?

i called blastpismy on this give bit WRONG unfair rave anime is still incomplete yet more cheated they did crossover project together.

indeed now this yea still NOT plan to see til bring back continue rave master anime it still not complete series.

I understand how you feel but after the crossover I'm afraid of a Rave reboot unless Mashima cools down with the fanservice
kh_gal

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
This is indeed exciting news!

With this announcement brought to light, I was hoping someone could answer these question(s) in detail: how true does the Fairy Tail anime follow the manga? That, and is the series even worth looking into as a whole? I heard the manga artist isn't doing very well with the story as of late.

The reason I ask is I just finished watching the first few episodes. I don't know about other people, but like most long Shonen titles, I do NOT want to get excited about them only to have the story drag on and on and ON.

-cough-Naruto-cough-Bleach-cough-DetectiveConan-cough-
Dimlos

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Ushio wrote:
4013 - 3,790,151
Nearly four million sales still two thousand years from now sounds pretty good to me.
Ryugaryu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Finally my friend was waiting for this day Very Happy
rpgmaniac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I am so glad they didn't touch Aya Hirano it would be major turn off for me I love her performance & I miss her she used to get so many roles now she completely disappear from the scene :/
SthRandom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
kh_gal wrote:

With this announcement brought to light, I was hoping someone could answer these question(s) in detail: how true does the Fairy Tail anime follow the manga? That, and is the series even worth looking into as a whole? I heard the manga artist isn't doing very well with the story as of late.

The reason I ask is I just finished watching the first few episodes. I don't know about other people, but like most long Shonen titles, I do NOT want to get excited about them only to have the story drag on and on and ON.

It follows the manga almost perfectly, the changes are really minor if any at all, most of them are just extending things without affecting the result in any way. For example, there were short fights that ended up being off-paneled in manga, but the anime showed them. This happened only in the last arc (that the anime managed to cover) too.

As for the current manga story, I'm personally enjoying the latest arc a lot. Can't really say much as to avoid spoilers, but I do not understand why some people continue to whine. I guess every popular title gets such 'fans'. I feel that some people expect way too much and then end up disappointed, they apparently expect horrors and massacres happening - hello? This is a lighthearted shounen. So yeah, in the end it's up to you whether you can enjoy the comedy, fanservice, interesting characters and cool action. Wink People may say that the plot lacks something, but things do get quite intense. The author still can deliver some nice plot twists.

And, in my opinion, Fairy Tail is the last one to be 'dragging on'. The arcs are quite short compared to most of the long running series, pacing is fairly quick and while the main plot seems to be slow at times, it's nowhere as bad as in some other series' cases. The manga has probably about 2-3 arcs till the end too, according to the author.
rydia251

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
kh_gal wrote:

Adding to the poster above me, I also am enjoying the current story in the manga even if others are not. Although I have not read many long shonen because I am afraid of exactly what you describe, I have not regretted diving into Fairy Tail at all.

The anime follows the manga fairly closely (though I am up to date on the manga, I am only halfway through the anime). However, the anime art/animation is very poor compared to the manga (common knowledge, hope the restart is better, but the manga art is excellent and sets a high bar), the fanservice is toned down quite a bit, and the pure fanservice chapters appear in the OVA's rather than the TV episodes. YMMV on the fanservice issue of course.

It is definitely a popcorn series, but does not drag, has short arcs and is a lot of fun. See Sora no Otoshimono if you want a shonen manga that leaves you speechless after each chapter (last few only though), of course the side effect is that one is ending soon out of necessity.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
Great news!
My only issue with Fairy Tail is that some times it was evident that the show didn't have much of a budget to work with.
Not since One Piece have I seen so many still-frames or panning frames consisting of the action scenes in an anime!
The character designs look fresh yet familiar, and I have to say I'm looking forward to the return!
April is looking immense with JoJo: Stardust Crusaders airing then as well!

Hopefully once the Bleach manga is far enough ahead, that can get a return as well!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4