• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: BONES' Soul Eater Not! TV Anime Previewed in 1st Promo Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Hellwarden wrote:
Why didn't you just give us Soul Eater again, but with the Brotherhood treatment?....

TELL ME WHYYYY!!!

To be fair, if they did do a Soul Eater Brotherhood, starting with Not would probably be the best choice anyway since it's a prequel.

I'm gonna give this a shot for sure. Not really liking how they've made the designs extra pretty, since the manga art style doesn't seem different from the main story. Hopefully this show has some of the charms that made me love the original anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I haven't read the manga yet but looking forward to this~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Sufficiently hyped. Naysayers are weird.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Sailor Moon, I'd assume.

Oh, I don't see how that is related to SEM though.
immblueversion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this will lead into a potential reboot of the main anime, depending on how successful it is. spoiler[Especially with the reveal that Kim is a witch.]
Nodz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
[quote="rederoin"][quote="RyanSaotome"]Sailor Moon, I'd assume.[/quote]
Oh, I don't see how that is related to SEM though.[/quote]

The point is not that it's related, but that the Sailor Moon anime was announced like 1 year ago and we still didn't get anything about it... Not even a teaser, and it's supposed to be broadcasted in a couple of weeks.

The SEN anime was announced just some weeks ago, it'll be broadcasted in april and he already got a teaser.

So yeah, not the same staff or not news related, but it's logical to feel that way, specially that a lot of spring 2014 animes are already showing their trailers and still nothing about SM.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:02 pm Reply with quote
From what I know this is a cute girls doing cute things and being funny kind of anime with just Soul Eater labeled on it. Obviously it has the word "Not" on it, but still... I guess I could say I have very mixed feelings about this since I hate the genre I mentioned above but I adored Soul Eater. I guess this might be worth it just for the cameos.
Nuuzen

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Can't be too bad to check out, seeing as it's a prequel. If this ends up being successful and leads into a Soul Eater Brotherhood, then all the more reason to support it.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I really like the Soul Eater Not! manga, but I really hope they keep the show only one cour and with no filler ending since they don't have a lot to work with. The 3 volume just came out, so hopefully that means they will just do those three, which should fit pretty well in one cour.

And I am not against anime original content(I really love the ending to the first tv series) but yeah, I am hoping that if this adaption proves successful that it maybe could lead to Soul Eater Brotherhood.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:28 am Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:

The point is not that it's related, but that the Sailor Moon anime was announced like 1 year ago and we still didn't get anything about it... Not even a teaser, and it's supposed to be broadcasted in a couple of weeks.

One might assume that, but as no premiere date or broadcast details have been announced, it could still start in February (like every Precure series), and still be a winter anime as previously announced.

Even with that in mind, the lack of anything of substance does little to put anyone at ease.
Echo_City

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
Eh are there any cool looking dudes in this show? the thing that made Soul Eater cool is you had cool girls and cool dudes but looking at the mains i see 3 cutesy girls and that's a turn off so far Confused

Its a cute girls doing cute things show.

What?! Why? Look, there's never going to be another K-On, it is king (queen?) of that genre and the sooner the Japanese accept that truth the better it'll be. I had my complaints about Soul Eater and K-On but I really don't think that the way to fix the flaws in both is to combine the series. Reminds me of the Jay Leno feature "Products that shouldn't merge"; the is the "cheese soda" of anime.

So the title is appropriate as it is like Soul Eater...only not.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Sailor Moon, I'd assume.

Oh, I don't see how that is related to SEM though.

Sailor Moon yeah. I'm just comparing the 2 on their time gaps in between announcing an anime and showing footage for it. That's all. Fan frustrations lol.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
I loved the Soul Eater manga and the anime was decent until they strayed off, but I've never liked the Soul Eater Not manga. I always thought is was just just a typical K-ON! style show, but feeding off the Soul Eater brand name.
Probably end up giving it a miss, but I just hope they remake the Soul Eater anime one day.
jet_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
hojo 360 wrote:
Eh are there any cool looking dudes in this show? the thing that made Soul Eater cool is you had cool girls and cool dudes but looking at the mains i see 3 cutesy girls and that's a turn off so far Confused

Its a cute girls doing cute things show.

What?! Why? Look, there's never going to be another K-On, it is king (queen?) of that genre and the sooner the Japanese accept that truth the better it'll be. I had my complaints about Soul Eater and K-On but I really don't think that the way to fix the flaws in both is to combine the series. Reminds me of the Jay Leno feature "Products that shouldn't merge"; the is the "cheese soda" of anime.

So the title is appropriate as it is like Soul Eater...only not.

Yeah, because shows about cute girls doing cute things didn't exist before K-ON!.
Stupid.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
jet_ wrote:

Yeah, because shows about cute girls doing cute things didn't exist before K-ON!.
Stupid.

Didn't know? Kyoani invented 'moe' with Lucky star and Haruhi.

Everybody knows knows this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3