• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:53 pm Reply with quote
October CB GofundMe is now up.

A month of donations for his surgery bills gets you anime, manga, and/or hentai.
Update: Ok, so Aria's gotten funded for all three seasons of dubbed Blu-Ray goodness. Now, if you've been sitting on the fence, you only got about five days left to partake of that Kickstarter.

Update 2: So the Wonder 3 Kickstarter covers are now up, but no news on KOR yet. Mad

Edit: Oh, and I just asked, and no, you can't trade your old Aria DVDs for the Blu-Rays.

Oh, and Animeigo just Tweeted that they have no bananas or Bubblegum Crisis UEs today. Or ever? [They did consider maybe refunding it in a basic edition in a future non-BGC Kickstarter, though, when I asked...]

Last edited by GATSU on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:27 am; edited 9 times in total
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am Reply with quote
New Kickstarter out there for massive First of the North Star fans! It's a weird special ebook thing, designed to look like a normal manga (even has paper, because it feels nice, and a cover), but inside, it has a specially loaded ebook that has all of Fist of the North Star in it! And apparently, you can also switch freely between Japanese and English. So it has the neat book thing and 18 volumes of Fist of the North Star in it.
On the negative side, it costs about $250 USD. Also, I have no idea how good the English translations will be. And it requires batteries for some reason (seriously, no rechargeable? Not even an option?)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/196861017/fist-of-the-north-star-innovative-ebook
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 pm Reply with quote
So I'm not sure if the September GoFundMe reached its goal. But the new one's up ATM, with the link above me.

Update on KOR:
Quote:
Matsumoto's condition has improved enough to grant him some mobility. While he was not in good enough condition to sign all of the merchandise and create shikishis of characters as he originally intended, he was able to hand-draw and sign 10 shikishis featuring his mascot character. An image of one of the mascot shikishis will be displayed below. Here are the amendments to the affected tiers:

[$1500 Tier]

The Shikishi is hand-drawn but not signed.
A digital reproduction sticker of Matsumoto's signature will be included.

[$1450 Tier]

Matsumoto was only able to hand-draw one character shikishi while in good health. 10 copies of the original were made. The affected backers will have a choice between receiving one of the character copies (unsigned), or the hand-drawn and signed mascot shikishi. Please message us through the Kickstarter messaging system with your choice.

[$950 Tier]

Shikishi replicas will come with a digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature.
Figure and CD will be unsigned.
Digital reproduction sticker of Matsumoto's signature will be included.

[$900 Tier]

Digital signature is printed on the illustrated canvas.
Shikishi replicas will come with digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature.
Music CD will come with digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature on the cover insert.
Set of 2 Manga and Art Book will not be signed.

[$850 Tier]

Shikishi replicas will come with digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature.
Music CD will come with digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature on the cover insert.
Set of 2 Manga, Madoka Ayukawa figurine, and Art Book will not be signed.
A sticker digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature will be included.

[ $170 Tier ]

Artbook will not be signed.

[ $115 Tier ]

Shikishi replica will come with digital reproduction of Matsumoto's signature.

[ $105 Tier ]

Set of 2 Manga will not be signed.

Edit: DMP just added the following:
Quote:
Backers will still be getting the 2 different reproduction prints from the original manga art board artwork (Fukusei Genga) but they are unsigned.

Update 2: Animeigo now has an early look at your Riding Bean Hot Wheels toys.

Update 3: Animeigo updated its Kickstarter w/ further info on the toys, and the following cryptic statement:
Quote:
More details soon - in particular, after our trip to Japan we hope to make a significant announcement.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
KOR update:
Quote:
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the original manager of this Kickstarter campaign is no longer with us. Because of this sudden change, other departments have had to take on the responsibility of this project -- on top of their other duties -- which has caused much delay in responses and updates to our loyal fans and backers.

We at Digital Manga, Inc. would like to wholeheartedly apologize for this, and promise to try to stay in contact with our customers from now on.

Current status of Kimagure Orange Road…

We are still awaiting the final two physical volumes of the series to arrive in our office. Due to an accident in transport, volumes 5 and 6 were completely lost and need to be fully reprinted from scratch.

In the meantime, we are working on sorting through your messages regarding our previous update and hope to be able to follow up with you all within a week or two.

Under the Air:
Quote:
Current status of Under the Air…

We are still working on shipping out the remaining orders daily

Wonder 3 and Magma:
Quote:
Current status of Wonder 3…

The only title with a delay is Osamu Tezuka's Ambassador Magma… Most of the other titles included in this campaign are ready to be finalized for send-off to our printers.

Also, a certain KnJ KS just got updated, too.

Update on the GoFundMe. About 15 days left, and $450 to go.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:23 pm Reply with quote
BTW, DMP posted a response in the comments section. They claimed someone botched volumes 5 and 6, but now they’re ready to go.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Animeigo updated on how ‘buff’ they are, and that their Gunsmith Cats KS should be up in January.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 30 of 30