• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Creamy Mami actually made it. Gotta admit, Im genuinely surprised, it was lookin dire there for a sec. Good for them though, I woulda felt bad if it didn't make it
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Remember you can still buy the show into overtime.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I keep on telling you guys - no crowdsourcing attempt listed in this thread's OP has ever failed. Wink
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:58 pm Reply with quote
How on earth did Mami make it? There's something fishy going on. Confused
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Whew, another one down to the wire for Mami! I didn't personally pledge though as I checked the show out there (it's free) and I just cannot get into it, I've tried like 5 random eps. I've pledged for Black Jack, Dear Brother, and the second 24-hour Tezuka specials (I wasn't aware of it at the time of the first, shame it failed) so I am pledging for other stuff.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
ailb: It happened, because fans don't want to be stuck with an incomplete show, I guess. Though Sols and Pierrot were really lucky that that forthcoming Japanese Blu-Ray didn't cannibalize their sales. Hopefully, Bandai will not screw them over with an even narrower window between a future crowdfunder and the import.

zawa: Actually, this Mami was a lot faster than the second one. That one was one hour away from not making it. The third one was obviously the fastest to get there, because of that discount sale. And frankly, I'm not supporting that show, either, other than with a sticker. I like it, but the second half is not as satisfying as the first half. But those who were on the fence still had to be motivated to keep going. So, yeah, Sols had to opt for the stick approach [No more Pierrot, period.], because the carrot [free raffle of signed pic] wasn't enough this time.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I was considering getting a sticker if it wasn't really damn close by the time I got back from work, but now I don't have to!
I might up my Dear Brother pledge from core to e-conte if that looks close too, but it's been going steady so far.
Any clue when they plan to release set 1 of Dear Brother and 2 for Black Jack (I ordered my Black Jack 1 with 2 so I'm quite eagerly awaiting 2), or when they'll start Black Jack 3? The nice thing about Black Jack is I can pretty well safely pledge for it without watching it because as long as there's good people behind it, it's near possible to mess it up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:26 am Reply with quote
zawa: They tweeted about the current status of the first Dear Brother sets.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:52 am Reply with quote
Oh, yeah. Sols tweeted the following:

Quote:
Note: If you want to be eligible for the giveaway, you can pledge in overtime, too! http://animesols.com/news
Crisha

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
ailblentyn wrote:
How on earth did Mami make it? There's something fishy going on. Confused

Two $1,000 pledges I believe. If I remember correctly, when there was still about $2,500 left, there was only one pledge on the Magical Star B package and none on A and C. Now there are two pledges on Magical Star B and one on Magical Star A. I've been keeping a close eye on this to see if I needed to give a donation pledge (I don't really have an interest in the show itself, but I'd give money to help make it meet its goal).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
So are the "e-conte" official story boards? Or are they just some kinda reproduction prints you can find in an artbook. Im considering upgrading my pledge for Dear Brother.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
public: Pics at the bottom.

Edit: On a related note, the Tezuka thing only has $4,000 to go.

Update: Dear Brother is finally past the halfway mark with a little over $6,000 to go.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:06 am Reply with quote
Anime Sol's two projects for the Tezuka book on animation and for the bags and other stuff have failed.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
Just in case there is any confusion: only crowdsourcing attempts that began on or after January 1, 2014 are included in the OP.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Two $1,000 pledges I believe.
Interesting! You keep a close eye.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 30