• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fronzel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:05 am Reply with quote
After a long absence and with no fanfare Anime Sols has started streaming new episodes of the Black Jack TV series again. Four episodes seem to have been put up at once.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
That site really needs to set up forums, it would them give a sort of home base for discussion and how to drum up support in addition to direct feedback. Why it's taken so long is beyond me.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:12 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
That site really needs to set up forums, it would them give a sort of home base for discussion and how to drum up support in addition to direct feedback. Why it's taken so long is beyond me.

If I recall correctly, isn't it just like two guys running the site? It's understandable, but you are right it would be nice to see some forums. It's definitely not easy to watch for those of us who are rooting for them to succeed. On a side note, I follow Anime Sols on twitter and I don't remember seeing any announcement about new Black Jack episodes at all. Weird.
F-Man

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Really not sure what AnimeSols is doing at this point, but there's now only 7 Black Jack episodes to go. Maybe we can look forward to the next campaign starting soon and taking 7 weeks before the deadline, with one episode uploaded each week.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Latest Animeigo BGC udpate:

Quote:
The BGC Ultimate Edition has arrived at AnimEigo HQ late Friday afternoon, and we have entered The Hell of Perpetual Shipping. I've posted a few pictures on the AnimEigo Twitter feed to show you what has been going on, and that's the best place to get updates.

On Day One, the AnimEigo Shipping Ninjas packed up over 860 items, concentrating on International packages. As a result, we burned through almost $11,000 in postage.

All but about 60 international packages were shipped today; those will ship tomorrow (Sunday, which means they'll go out in the early morning truck on Monday).

After the international packages go out, we'll start working on the 2050 remaining domestic shipments. With a little bit of luck (and a lot of elbow grease) we could be done by Tuesday or Wednesday.

When your package ships (or more precisely, when the label is generated) you should get an email from Stamps.com with tracking information. Then in the evening you should get an account status email from us; if you get one but not the other, check your spambox.

Enjoy your sets!

Tweeted from Anime Sols:

Quote:
Here's some updates: We're checking on the canadian orders for Creamy Mami Set 2... Also missing posters are being confirmed and shipped. more: BJ Set 2 check discs had a menu error (Pre and End btns switched), so we're resending masters. DB Set 2 OK, ready for final pressing. more: DB 3, CM 3-4 waiting for check discs. Tezuka magazine codes: Will send out email for code requests. And finally, Dororo episodes 4-8 launching in 4 minutes!
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Actually, there was an update after that, just posted today, for the BGC. I deleted teh e-mail after I read it, though, so I don't have the link
lem

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
updates shmupdates those puppies are already out the door. Mr. Woodhead and company ran an excellent Kickstarter. Loved all the detailed updates, explanations and pics.

I just tracked mine to Anchorage, so I should have it before Christmas?
*crosses fingers* *not gonna cry too much if it doesn't make it in time*
*also still waiting for Funi's Bebop set to arrive as well* grrr. Very Happy
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I finally got a shipping notice from Animeigo late today. The most recent update informed me that the further you were from their location in North Carolina the earlier they shipped. Unfortunately I'm only about four hours from them so I probably got in the last or next to last shipment. I expect I'll get my BGC on Monday or Tuesday.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Anime Sols put up more episodes of Dororo
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Mine apparently was processed through the USPS sort facility in Fayettville, NC about 41 minutes ago. It'll take a bit to cross the country.
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
AnimeSols has lots of good news for us actually!

AnimeSols Facebook Page wrote:
Here's some updates:
We're checking on the Canadian orders for Creamy Mami Set 2... Also missing posters are being confirmed and shipped.

Black Jack Set 2 check discs had a menu error (Preview and Ending buttons switched), so we're resending masters. Dear Brother Set 2 is OK and ready for final pressing.

Dear Brother 3 & Creamy Mami 3 & 4 are waiting on check disks.

Tezuka magazine codes: Will send out email for code requests.

We've added Black Jack episodes 53-56 to the site - episode 56, "The Skin Donor", delves more into Black Jack's past and how he became the man he is now.

And finally, Dororo episodes 4-8 have been added! That finishes the Bandai arc and 2 other 2 episode arcs! We’re still working on episodes 9-13, but they’ll be coming soon!

Ok, well it's a shame that Black Jack 2 had that menu error, but hopefully they can fix that easily enough and get the masters out quickly so I can get both my set 1 and 2s for Black Jack (since I did the 2nd set pledge and added the first set to it). But better they catch that now then recall and bunch of things and waste more money that they don't have on that sort of thing. Also, once I get all of Dear Brother in, I'll be sitting down to watch it at last.

They added more eps for both Dororo and Black Jack, hooray! Still working on the rest of Dororo, but at this point, I feel safe pledging more money for more Dororo. I'm sure some will wait until all 13 are up, but I'm good enough here to pledge, I just hope we get to pledge for a set of Dororo. Or more pledges for the second half, that would be good too.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:55 am Reply with quote
zawa: I don't think the demand is there for an actual DVD set of Dororo. The fans most likely just wanna see the anime, without having to import it.
F-Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
I wish Anime Sols would crowdfund a release for the new Little Astro Boy show. It's from Yomiuri Television and Tezuka Productions, so Anime Sols as a distributor basically owns the show.

To me this show, and Dororo on Anime Sols, were the best things to happen in years so if Anime Sols could give LAB new life that'd be great.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
ho ho ho. Laughing looks like I've been spared the cryin' session!

really thought I wouldn't be able to see either of these until next year!

GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:33 pm Reply with quote
F-Man: If they're gonna crowdfund an Astro Boy, it should be the Japanese version of the 2003 series. Assuming Sony isn't squatting on it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 30