• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mushishi Anime Gets 2nd Season in April

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
About bloody time too.
Bonham

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Great news to start off 2014! I know there was talk a few years ago that they planned to adapt the rest of the manga, but I didn't think it would happen.

I AM HYPED.

here-and-faraway wrote:
Does anyone know if this series did well for Funimation?

Funimation cancelled the Mushi-shi blu-ray they had planned—I would presume due to inadequate sales.

I'm not sure if Funimation would take another chance on Mushi-shi. We could have a situation where Sentai swoops in to license and release this. I know that I'd love a blu-ray of the first season, even though it's an upscale as Funimation's DVDs at the time weren't that great. I also think the Japanese blu-rays did a 5.1 audio remix, which would be a little more robust, if subtle.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
AWESOME! I really loved the first series and preferred it to the manga. The visuals, noises, and BGM really helped set the tone and draw you in. To be able to experience more of the manga through the anime (which, hopefully, will be done the same way) is a delight. This is now my most anticipated series to watch this year.

This was one of those series where I bought the Funimation's slim pack, realized that wasn't good enough, and then bought the singles and big box. I don't feel confident with Funimation purchasing the second season, but I'd be happy if they did. If we're talking about anyone else though, I think the series would be a good fit for NISA... and I'd love to have one of their boxes for the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
It is an anime that stimulates the mind, not the groin, so that's probably why it didn't sell well enough, but Season 1 sits on my shelf and there's plenty of room for Season 2 as long as it gets dubbed as well. Wink
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap yes. I almost never watch currently-airing series, but I'm making a massive exception for this. Very Happy
rheiders

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, what fantastic news to start the year! Spring can't come fast enough! Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:

This was one of those series where I bought the Funimation's slim pack, realized that wasn't good enough, and then bought the singles and big box. I don't feel confident with Funimation purchasing the second season, but I'd be happy if they did. If we're talking about anyone else though, I think the series would be a good fit for NISA... and I'd love to have one of their boxes for the series.

I was thinking NISA as an alternative choice as well. I'd certainly rather have that then Sentai.

But I do really love Funi's Mushishi dub so I am still hoping they will license this title. And if they gave this a premium set that would look so pretty.

Still I hope CR gets streaming rights for the 2nd season because I want to watch it in better quality.
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Best news of the year! Very Happy
Alph4Xerxes

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
I gasped when I first saw it and I still can't breathe... YES!!!!!!!!!
stardf29

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
The Mushi-shi special on CR is listed as distributed by Aniplex, so actually, I'd say Aniplex of America is most likely to pick up the second season. (As much as I'm sure many people would hate to hear that…)

But anyway, definitely looking forward to the second season. Actually, I still need to finish the first season… although at least, with it all being standalone stories, I don't necessarily need to do so before starting the second.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:35 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait for AoA to license this and either release it sub-only/DVD-only or dub it and charge $300 for it.

Oh, and they'll release the one-hour special separately for the "great deal" of only $90. Rolling Eyes

Watch this be the only anime in existence where season 1 costs $30 and season 2 costs 10 times as much. Confused
BL

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I am glad to hear this is getting a second season. I wonder if they are bringing back Ally Kerr to performance the theme song that would be great if they did.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
I can't wait for AoA to license this and either release it sub-only/DVD-only or dub it and charge $300 for it.

Oh, and they'll release the one-hour special separately for the "great deal" of only $90. Rolling Eyes

Watch this be the only anime in existence where season 1 costs $30 and season 2 costs 10 times as much. Confused

NISA, Viz or AoA is the companies i'm hoping for, they're the ones likely to make a good, well-rounded release. Funimation have begun to push their LE-type releases too, but with their previous experience with this series that seems unlikely... And to be honest while AoA may have higher prices they include all types of extras & art from the original Japanese illustrators, while not having the JP prices, which is great.

Most of all I hope NISA gets it though Rolling Eyes .
Chrno2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Wow didn't expected this to happen. This is great news.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I am glad that there isn't even the one kid who's like "THIS ANIME SUCKED WHO CARES!" in this topic. Obviously because Mushishi was universally amazing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4