• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nobunagun (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:59 pm Reply with quote
The moment I saw that monster this episode, I had a feeling it would venture into that route Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Wonder if the Battle Ship Type is related to Squid Girl?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Shio's bust seems be different every episode.

Her info dump in the M1A2 Abrams was very similar to my youngest brother when he came home for a short break during last Christmas. At the time, he had been down at Fort Benning for his Advance Individual Training (AIT), learning how to be a tanker. the first chance he got, he proceeded to tell me everything he learned about the Abrams over the last 3 months. I learned quite a bit and it was pretty cool.
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
I thought the show had a new intro song but it turned out my headphones were picking up somebody else's emo music and it just happened to time up for the first 15 seconds or so.

Man, this ep rocked. Great music, a good plan came together with all the bells and whistles, new components were added in smart ways and we some funny moments too. If it weren't for the spoiler[Part 1 in the title I'd not have expected that ending]. But I just love how this plan went. It felt like a precision machine.

Also, oh shit! The enemy spoiler[specifically identifies Nobunagun now.]

The big thing I want to know about next episode is, what's up with the spoiler[shoe sole smoking the pipe? Is it a... gumshoe?] Also, Nobunagun spoiler[goes all Planet Terror] on that tentacle monster!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Shio was pretty awesome this episode, loved the plan, actually she has been so awesome that the spoiler[enemy seems to have recognise her as a huge threat].

The end: "I have spoiler[seen enough hentai to know where this is going]."
It is funny because it is a meme.

Sadly the preview has already ruined how they plan to out awesome spoiler[the tentacle rape]; by spoiler[her leg turning into a gun]!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:23 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

stopped being funny a long time ago
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:

stopped being funny a long time ago

I don't let time dictate my use of memes.

Now how can I work in a "an arrow to the knee" joke in regards to the monster's exploding tentacles?
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I was going to make a joke about my Welch's drink I'm enjoying right now and the colour of the tentacles but it turns out there's already a drink called Tentacle Grape.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I think there was even an interest article not too long ago about that
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
"I used to be a giant rape monster like you, until I took an m1 Abraham bullet to the tentacle"

Nah doesn't really work.

Now if what you said about the preview being true (I alway skip them, they really don't know how to handle spoiler)

"I used to be a legged human, until I took a Nobunagun to the legs"
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

I actually stopped half way through the episode to look up who John Hunter was, and apparently he was known for advocating careful observation in medicine. Which kind of spoiler[worked into here how he figured a good way to fight by observing their biology]. I let out a laugh at what he was saying spoiler[flying over Ghandi's head, but he sounded like it was obvious].

So Jack the Ripper was spoiler[Florence Nightingale]? It makes so much sense, although spoiler[she would have been like] *checks Wikipedia* spoiler[68 when she was] running around London killing prostitutes. Although wasn't it supposed to have a big amount of foreshadowing thatspoiler[ Asao would be Florence Nightingale]? Although now that I think about it, spoiler[she would have to be someone Japanese].

Nice moment at showing the other teams, I actually wanted to see a few more teams. There is one more episode, but I am actually hoping that we will get a reason for another season. I have no idea where this is up in the manga so I can't tell.

Nice touch with the kill counter, I am partially expecting a "still counts as one" moment.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:46 am Reply with quote
AHHHH! Cyx face in close up! Scrub it SCRUB IT!

So, this episode we have not one, not two, but at least three big reveal. All compacted into one super dense awesome episode (although they've somehow found time to waste on the train part, with two unimportant character we don't even know who they are, couldn't they have spend a bit more time on the other team?), yet during the mid season we had a bunch of episode were practically nothing was happening, what give?! Was there a different (really bad) director for the mid portion or something? Some contract that said they couldn't make the mid portion interesting or it would overshadow another show?

Anyway here's hoping they keep the momentum going.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
the train part, with two unimportant character we don't even know who they are
I'm pretty sure those were two of the three who were hanging around Asao during the Taiwain trip(the third becoming a shut-in). As for "wasting time" on it, I thought it was a nice little touch - it seems like a natural reaction, given that DOGOO's stretched to the breaking point and even success in Operation Stone Forrest doesn't guarantee the survival of those elsewhere.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 12

So Jack the Ripper was spoiler[Florence Nightingale]? It makes so much sense, although spoiler[she would have been like] *checks Wikipedia* spoiler[68 when she was] running around London killing prostitutes. Although wasn't it supposed to have a big amount of foreshadowing thatspoiler[ Asao would be Florence Nightingale]? Although now that I think about it, spoiler[she would have to be someone Japanese].

I think the point is that Jack spoiler[has two E-Genes, both a killer and a savior and can switch between their abilities.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I think the point is that Jack spoiler[has two E-Genes, both a killer and a savior and can switch between their abilities.]

Well I figured that too, but I was just trying to make a funny by completely missing the point.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 12