• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noragami + Aragoto (TV).

Goto page   Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:41 am Reply with quote

Noragami
Noragami Aragoto

Genres: action, fantasy
Plot Summary: Yato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can easily lose her soul. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god. The three of them battle "you" who bring harm to humans as Yato's hidden history is gradually revealed.

Episode 1:

Those beginning scenes were pretty awesome. Even the OST fits with the mood imo. The OP song is okay I guess. Yato is a pretty funny guy actually with his delusions lol especially when he's thinking about himself.

The action was alright I guess but I actually got more humor out of the first episode than I had thought especially with scenes like this:

Last edited by Stark700 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
I enjoyed the episode a good deal. It was a lot of fun, and the music both the OST, and the OP are enjoyable. I'm interested in seeing where they will go from here with this!
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Finally got the episode to work on FUNi's site. Really liked it. I love me some urban fantasy and this one seems pretty darn cool. Liked the color palette and the designs for the "Phantoms" especially.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
My first impression was LOL
My second impression was that it looks interesting.
My third impression was "what a loser" ^^"
My forth impression was -> I'll be watching this!
Basically it's fun, interesting and entertaining.
toedabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:19 pm Reply with quote
This will probably be my favorite anime this season along with Space Dandy. The art style is awesome, and the music gets you pumped and immerses you into the story; and my my favorite part of this anime has to be the ending song by Supercell, which sealed my attention. :)
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Yato's an amusing character. It's nice to finally be able to see the opening and ending since they weren't shown during the event. The style of the opening animation is really cool.

They had a sample of the manga in the bookstore so I started reading it (before my friend pulled me away) and it started out completely different than what was shown in the first episode of the manga. Makes me wonder how close the series will be to the manga.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ugh i like this show so far but the score is absouletly not doing it for me. Some really cheap stuff. And what is it with Taku and using gimmicky vocal songs in almost all the shows he scores for?

Gatchaman Crowds probably has to be the only show where i liked the main vocal theme because it was admittedly catchy to me but it helps that the rest of the score for the show was awesome. Combining dubstep and electronic beats with epic orchestral strings, horns trumpets and more made the experience that much more immersive.

Here it's just one droning uninteresting beat to another. I guess i shouldn't complain since the score is fine for the subject matter but I just feel like Taku could be doing better projects than this.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:26 pm Reply with quote
This felt like the adventures of Araragi and Hachikuji. The ED was a nice song.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I do like that the heroine seems to have some personality, and looks pretty un-fetishized while possibly being rather tough. Quite the kick.

His voice actor warrants him automatic attention, although not quite sure what is being brought to the table.

I will most likely watch this.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:24 am Reply with quote
I think Yato is really cute, and will probably be watching mostly for him and his dorky little personality. It wasn't a bad start, but it wasn't anything too special either. I still enjoyed it though, and the animation is rather nice.

I'm excited for this Yukine boy to enter. Hiyori is pretty cute as well, and I like what has been shown of her personality.
Bolaum

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
Much better than what I expected. I'll probably keep watching it.

It's hard for me to find a female in Shonen that has a good personality.

Does anyone know how many episodes will be released for this anime?
JustinGallimore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote
I found the episode to be very enjoyable, I love the art of the show, the setting, and the environments are nice as well. i'll keep watching this, this may end up on my top ten list of 2014.
danilo07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:38 am Reply with quote
Hey here we have cool occult elements,strong female lead with personality,great animation,amazing background art and incredible layouts...I am so going watch this.The only problem I have right now is world-building that is a bit shaky,but still it is nothing really major and they can fix this problem in latter episodes.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:23 am Reply with quote
Nice presentation. Well animated with some solid music. Slick action scenes. Pretty much what you'd expect from BONES. Not generally hilarious but not unfunny either most of the time. A solid, decently entertaining show all around.
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Not even a minute in and I'm interested.

So his mystic weapon... spoiler[got fed up and quit]. LOL awesome. I like the "people as weapons" thing anime does every so often so that's bonus points right there.

"We have other patients who need beds."
*shows another empty bed*
Just sayin'.

I once had a discussion with a friend about how hospitals, prisons and battlefields would be the absolute worst places to have telepathy.

So overall the show is "dark and goofy but not cheesy". I think it's been a while since I saw one of these so I'll stick with it. It's certainly better than the preview made it seem. I like both characters and my only real gripe is that the music isn't my thing and I think something else could fit better too.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 28