• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noragami + Aragoto (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
With this, the winter season is already better for me than fall, where almost nothing new clicked with me except Yowamushi Pedal and Galilei Donna (and what a disappointment that ended up being). This hooked me from the opening scene. Then it shifted gears and got even better. First episode is a win for me. I hope it can maintain that.

The MAL synopsis above was way off though.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:23 pm Reply with quote
You didn't like Nagi no Asukara, Non Non Biyori or Kill La Kill?

Edit: Oh I think someone has been trolling MAL recently. The synopsis of Buddy Complex made it sound like some yaoi anime.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

NNB I quit after the first episode, NnA started out ok-ish, and took the entire first cour to finally grab my attention (Hikari was just too annoying most of the season) and KlK has slowly grown on me. But I didn't watch any of those and go, "Woo hoo, looks like a winner!" and feel great anticipation for the next episode.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

NNB I quit after the first episode, NnA started out ok-ish, and took the entire first cour to finally grab my attention (Hikari was just too annoying most of the season) and KlK has slowly grown on me. But I didn't watch any of those and go, "Woo hoo, looks like a winner!" and feel great anticipation for the next episode.

NNB was great. It was probably my favorite slice of show series. Dtm gave it an excellent, just saying lol. I only found Hikari annoying for the first few episodes.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:14 am Reply with quote
^
Non Non Biyori was great. A lot of slice of life shows try hard to be comedic and charming and cute, but NNB just effortlessly is all those things at the same time. It also had some fantastically directed scenes and an impeccable sense of comedic timing.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
Non Non Biyori was great. A lot of slice of life shows try hard to be comedic and charming and cute, but NNB just effortlessly is all those things at the same time. It also had some fantastically directed scenes and an impeccable sense of comedic timing.

I have to say that slice of life shows aren't really my thing, but I really liked NNB.

Back to the topic at hand...

I was finally able to watch the first episode. This is the first time I've had such a problem with Funimation's player.

I found many things to like about it: the characters, animation, and the music. Looking forward to more.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
With this, the winter season is already better for me than fall, where almost nothing new clicked with me except Yowamushi Pedal and Galilei Donna (and what a disappointment that ended up being). This hooked me from the opening scene. Then it shifted gears and got even better. First episode is a win for me. I hope it can maintain that.

The MAL synopsis above was way off though.

I have to partially agree with this. While I enjoyed many fall season anime (love, plenty of them, actually) none of them struck me as "THIS is what I want to be watching RIGHT NOW" in the way Noragami did with its first episode (Kyousougiga's real episode 1 came very close to it, but since I watched episode 0 first -being unfamiliar with the series before- I'm not counting it).

Noragami's first episode to me was absolutely genius, the characters were charming and interesting; both Yato and his dream to be worshipped while simultaneously showing how he actually cares, and Hiyori with her odd antics and love for action; the visuals are very pretty, and the relationship between the two leads was established in a genuine, believable way (unlike some other show this season which starts with a "P" and ends with "ilot's Love Song").

The first sequence was fantastic with just enough action and comedy to hook me in from the first moment, and the last sequence had its due of sweetness and character development. I'm in love with this show and I really hope it can keep up the excellent story-telling and character development it pulled in the first episode, because if it doesn't, I'll feel really disappointed
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
So far this is the best show I've seen from the new season; though I don't expect it to be a masterpiece I think it has the potential to be solid entertainment. It looks from the credit sequences that Yato will be getting a new "weapon"; hopefully that character will be as interesting as the leads.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Loved it. Probably my fave 1st episode of the season so far.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Hiyori seems to be out of it since her accident.
At least she's enjoying her spirit self ^^
Her life sure changed a lot..
Yato is way too carefree for a god.
If he took his job a bit more seriously, he'd be closer to his goal.
Still, it's awesome watching those two get into trouble.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Dat tail~

So there are spoiler[phantoms everywhere in all shapes and sizes. I'm starting to like this Yato guy though with his sense of humor. Yukine is pretty funny already. He just ignores Yato completely ahahaha.]

The OST is surprisingly good imo and I think the action could be dealt a bit better. First half dragged a bit though but overall decent episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Another great episode. If this does well enough for Funimation to release it, I'd love it if they included the OST.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
So normal people can't see Yato. Did they ever explain how she and people who request for jobs can see him?
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
WhiteHairGirls wrote:
So normal people can't see Yato. Did they ever explain how she and people who request for jobs can see him?

They did...in the manga. That explanation was snipped along with most of chapter 1. (Or possibly postponed to be inserted at a later date.)
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Darkmagick wrote:
WhiteHairGirls wrote:

They did...in the manga. That explanation was snipped along with most of chapter 1. (Or possibly postponed to be inserted at a later date.)

That reminds me that I still need to read it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 28