• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noragami + Aragoto (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Things took a good turn for spoiler[Yato.
Seems like his dream is coming true ^^
Yukine trying to improve himself even more..
And then it all took a darker turn with Nora & the phantoms.]

Wonder whospoiler[ "father"] is...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:29 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 8

Poor Yato, not just with his past but what is currently being done to him. Yukine should not have allowed him to wonder off, as his exemplar it is Yukine's duty to guide Yato, but Nora/Hiiro is doing it, and he hates it. But what he is learning will probably end up being useful.

Also want to add that liked how goofy he was being when being gangster around Hiyori. And someone finally told Hiyori that she has to be careful not to squander the other parts of her lives, which kind of makes me think how Yukine was frustrated at not being able to enjoy things like that.
maoyen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:57 am Reply with quote
So can someone explain to me why Yato doesn't just use the internet? I would think it would be a whole lot easier to gather followers online.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:17 am Reply with quote
maoyen wrote:
So can someone explain to me why Yato doesn't just use the internet? I would think it would be a whole lot easier to gather followers online.

Because he is like hundreds of years old? How would he perceive time, and how rapidly would he feel things have changed? Also he is a bum and is the same guy that dressed up in roller-skates and I think it was denim shorts.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
maoyen wrote:

Because he is like hundreds of years old?

But he uses a cell phone and text. And look.

There are people who are talented in a lot of ways but just are not talented in business. Yato seems to be one of these.

I am more curious about why people he helps soon forget him. If it weren't for that what he is doing -- taking lots of jobs for cheap -- should work. But it doesn't.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:36 am Reply with quote
Noragami has a way with killing suspenseful cliffhangers with its crazy previews. XDDD Ebisu, LoL.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:54 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Ebisu's foul plan revealed!]
Yato stuck in a weird situation..
That spoiler[trip to the Underworld] sure is interesting.
spoiler[Hiyori] just couldn't quite shake off that feeling..
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

I kinda feel sorry for Yato this episode. It's like he's being put on a leash by Nora although his goal to save Ebisu also has a twist. Izanami is such a troll with her appearance.

Eh, the "date" stuff in the real life between Hiyori and her friends felt kinda weird. I think pacing felt kinda slow this episode but a nice transition. Hiyori seems to know something is off about her date as she realizes something is missing. That ending kiss though...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Damn it. Just Damn it...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Eh, the "date" stuff in the real life between Hiyori and her friends felt kinda weird.

I thought the date was rather refreshing by anime standards. Hiyori actually seemed to be having fun, the boy/girl pairs all seemed to work out so naturally, and there was none of that shyness/stammering/fumbling nonsense that almost all other anime seem to think is a requirement.

I really like the trio of Yato/Yukine/Hiyori. But it would seem that the message we got here is that having that mean Hiyori can't have a normal life. It seems like a shame.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:05 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 9

I know that it is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I kind of want Hiyori to move forward with some normal life things. Yeah Hiyori is totes into Yato or whatever, but I have been of a mind for a while that as much as she enjoys hanging out with Yato, Yukine or whoever, it is unnatural. She has been losing her living life to the dead and those not meant to involve the living so much. She is a 15(?) year old girl who is hanging out with her friends despite them being quite unhealthy to her.

But at the same time I don't think it is a must force situation. If Hiyori's relationship is such an important part, then it is his responsibility to make sure she is in a situation she won't forget. Even though this situation with him is one where he is stuck in an unhealthy situation where he has little control. Actually, has anyone thought how that is kind of ironic, Yato's relationship to Nora with Hiyori's relationship to Yato? I know that is probably not the same thing, Nora makes Yato do things he does not want, while Hiyori has fun with Yato where she can choose to leave if she wanted. Wouldn't it be a kicker if we found out that Nora keeps bugging Yato is because she herself does not want to be "forgotten", in some kind of way Yato is hesitant to let Hiyori go? It would seem the major difference there is that Nora has a thing with having multiple partners, which sounds kind of wrong if you think that it is some statement about being someone's one and truly, and not "cheat" on another. Like people not liking this new boy because he is making her "cheat", but that is not alright.

Onto a different topic, I was afraid we might not have enough comedy here, but it was still pretty strong in the episode, and entertaining. I liked Kofuku freaking out the fortune god.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
[quote="HaruhiToy"][quote="DuskyPredator"]
maoyen wrote:

I am more curious about why people he helps soon forget him. If it weren't for that what he is doing -- taking lots of jobs for cheap -- should work. But it doesn't.

To be fair, can you remember anything about the sales clerk at the store who helped you last week, the plumber who replaced your broken faucet, or the guy who delivered your pizza?

I bet, I can't even remember the doctor who delivered my first kid thirty years ago. Doctor Squiggy or something. It's not as though the people he helped viewed him as a local land G-d or anything, just a handyman.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:54 am Reply with quote
AJ (LordNikon) wrote:
To be fair, can you remember anything about the sales clerk at the store who helped you last week, the plumber who replaced your broken faucet, or the guy who delivered your pizza

I would remember a guy who grout cleaned my whole bathroom for 5 yen.

Or for that matter found one of my cats. For 5 yen.

It would seem that Yato's talent for survival lies in the idea that he exists as a small fragment in everyone's mind, rather than occupying a whole image in the mind of his followers. Apparently that has worked for him for centuries and his self promotion (such as it is) is designed around that kind of thinking.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:17 am Reply with quote
WHAT THE F......

Get your lips off Yato's waifu, before I break your face, you horny little bastard.

Twisted Evil

I mean seriously!? They've known each other for a few hours and he thinks it's totally appropriate to KISS her when she showed no signs that she wanted to!? Just because they're watching fireworks? Talk about fresh. Even if I wasn't shipping Hiyo with someone else, THAT'S NOT OKAY.

It's rude and inconsiderate and I hope she bitch-slaps him.

Quote:
but I have been of a mind for a while that as much as she enjoys hanging out with Yato, Yukine or whoever, it is unnatural.

Screw being natural. Natural is boring. An unnatural life that makes you happy is a lot better than a natural one where you're miserable, don't you think?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Ah I'm glad to see Hiyori regain her senses and knowing who Yukine is. Lol @ the embrace. I think Yukine won't be forgetting that for awhile.

Felt bad for Yato again since he's literally fighting to regain freedom unless he wants to be trapped there forever according to Nora. I think the transition and stuff was alright, some of it felt slow but quite meaningful especially about Ebisu and what the Heaven has been doing.

That cliffhanger though....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 25 of 28