• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nobunaga the Fool (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:23 pm Reply with quote

I didn't realise that anime staff could afford to buy that much cocaine.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

I didn't realise that anime staff could afford to buy that much cocaine.

Amazing........(saved to computer)
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:02 pm Reply with quote
^
I'm glad you liked it. I found it on a blog called thecartdriver.

By the way, the anime depicted is Amnesia, which in my opinion is a most appropriate choice.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:27 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^

By the way, the anime depicted is Amnesia, which in my opinion is a most appropriate choice.

The only good thing about that show was that OP song. Nagi Yanagi ftw.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:06 am Reply with quote
Ug. Also dropping this. It's not even that it's the single worst thing this season. I mean, there are a lot of dumb things about it. But what really ques it up for the chopping block is that its just so bloody uninteresting. Maybe I could start to forgive its flaws if it showed me something...anything, to make me want to do so but it's just completely unappealing through and through.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
Quote:
Did we really need Hideyoshi acting like a creep and trying to feel up Jeanne?

It is undoubtedly to show off the difference between the trio, Hideyoshi means well but is impulsive, Nobu is calculating but certainly would want to act similarly, and this version of Mitsuhide could straight up be Yaoi for Nobu and see Jeanne as a threat (alternatively, Mitsuhide could just be wary of any outsider, especially when said outsiders comes all the way from another planet).

This is what happens in my land of dreams. Of course, by anime laws, Nobunaga and Jeanne will end up hooking up, so my hopes are in doujinshi circles.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
Finally watched the 2nd episode.

So Hannibal and Machiavelli are females in this universe and the guy in the OP is Caeser.

I wonder if Nobu had Jeanne disguise as a male as to not offend his fiance or potential brides by other clans?

Still loving Sugita as Da' Vinci.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:22 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^

Oh trust me i remember that trainwreck. For me it's was one of those shows that were like "It's just so freaking stupid but funny at the same time!".

spoiler[Seriously reverse harem female leads should look at Amnesia and use it as reference of what NOT to be].
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've seen two episodes of this and...not crazy about over the top dramatic flourishes and posturing going on. Maybe if it was a comedy I would find it funny but it almost seems like the show wants me to take it seriously or at least it takes itself that way...yeah, not working.

I don't mind the use of historical figures in stories. It can be fun or at least interesting. However, the show is not really doing that for me. Jeanne right now is pretty useless and seems superfluous to the male testosterone that is flowing.
Spotlesseden wrote:
Agent355 wrote:
Why would Jeanne of Arc want to do anything for King Arthur? For that matter, why would Da Vinci or Magellan want to do anything for King Arthur?
Because they are just names. Who said anything about following history? They are just borrowing their names, nothing more. Those anime characters are not historical characters.
Then why even bother? If the names aren't going to resonate in some way or be of any use then its just a waste and kinda of lazy.

Some of the mech designs are interesting, but the character designs don't work for me. They seem both busy and generic at the same time. Magellan has an eyepatch (of course he does), Da Vinci with his monocle, Caesar with his half mask, Jeanne with her armored arm (but no other armor?) and boob suit, etc. It all just screams "Look at us! Aren't we cool!"

Yeah, so there isn't much that makes me want to continue watching this show. Dropped.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Then why even bother? If the names aren't going to resonate in some way or be of any use then its just a waste and kinda of lazy.

It is actually all too common to find an anime series where a character's name is some sort of reference to said character's nature.
This is sometimes lost in the language translation as the non native audience cannot read the character's original name and get the blatant (or if we are lucky then it would be a subtle) reference.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
FenixFiesta wrote:
It is actually all too common to find an anime series where a character's name is some sort of reference to said character's nature.

I’ve read that the real life Ranmaru was seen as the quintessential bishounen and that’s why the name is so frequently used for the exceptional beauties in shounen-ai fiction. Dunno if that’s true or not. At any rate, it makes it funnier that they just went ahead and turned him into a woman in this. Smile

I also thought it was interesting that this looks like it might be shaping up into a Caesar v Nobunaga conflict, with Brutus and Mitsuhide waiting in the wings to betray them both.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

I also thought it was interesting that this looks like it might be shaping up into a Caesar v Nobunaga conflict, with Brutus and Mitsuhide waiting in the wings to betray them both.

I hadn't looked at it that way, but that's actually pretty interesting. Wonder if the writers will eventually go that way.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Yaoi Yandere betrayals for EVERYONE!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
I'm liking this. Occasionally, I like shows that make you feel like you are in some opium den chasing the dragon and this one certainly fits the bill. Looks like we won't be escaping the spoiler[bro-con trope], though.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:22 pm Reply with quote
And then Nobu has to climb in The Fool to take on a mech 3 times him size that is on fire, this show is just hot blooded madness.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6