• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Saki – The Nationals (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Yuuki might have started kind of well, but can she manage without tacos. Maybe she hid some in the cape or at least made sure that the cape smells like them.

Currently liking the team that has the girl who is tired. And is that one girl totally missing nipples as it looked like her shirt was too far down not to show.

Also last week I had the revelation that tacos being a part of a yuri anime might not be so innocent.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:56 am Reply with quote
they are all missing nipples, just like underwear, this isn't a new thing. if you go back and watch the first Saki, the bathing scenes are all de-steamed and multiple girls stand up in in the hot springs and are clearly missing some anatomical details. Basically, they all look like Haruka in the Sakura Trick OP
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Sadly spoiler[Yuuki lost her lead towards] the end, tough against a god possession. But not even spoiler[reality bending could stand against] Mako.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am Reply with quote
Still watching. Still can't understand 95%. Which is more than I could say for the Superbowl.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Now it looks like I am the only one left watching.

We have to consider that the Saki franchise has finally played out its hand, so to speak. The schtick is getting old: build-up, stalking into the arena, flashback, timid play, aggressive play, SLAM THAT TILE WITH FIRE play, metaphysical high school girl mindf**k play, confusion, she did what?, FLASHBACK, ZOT ZOT BZZZZZ game over. Stalk out of the arena. Lather. Rinse. Repeat. And Repeat.

There's some Mah Jongh in there somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong (if anyone is still out there) but in Episode 6 it is the first time that stage fright seems to have played a role. That arena the girls play in is a pretty intimidating 3D nightmare structure with enough klieg lights in it to boil up a glacier. Cameras everywhere. Has been shown before that any of the girls playing were even aware of any of that. Possibly that's the most unrealistic part of the whole story so far.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm still here, and I'm not really that sick of the formulae or anything.

I liked that girl that got her team into first place, it was probably her spunk. Kind of sad that the spoiler[main team dropped to last, but you could notice how anxious she looked as she left the room].

And totally approve of the little one going onto Senpai sleepyhead's lap.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching, but there's just nothing to say. Nealy everyone has some weird hax that doesn't always work, Hisa still abuses the tiles, the girls still lack underwear, some of them have forgotten how to dress themselves, romantic two girl friendships are everywhere, I really want to inflict some sort of bodily harm on the annoying announcer, and I still don't know a damn thing about mahjong
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Ep7: This time Nodoka. Twice. And the girl who kicked the penguin I forget her name. I guess they are all into saving time.

The teleportation bit was a little over the top. And everybody could see Nodoka's wings. We seem to have strayed beyond allegory into straight-up supernatural fiction here. Every episode seems to be moving farther away from the actual game of mahjong.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:32 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

The teleportation bit was a little over the top.

yes, but Nodoka's reaction was hilarious
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:50 am Reply with quote
There have been people who can lower their presence to become invisible or wear handcuffs to stop their super slight of hand, and Nodoka's show has always been huge. The ghostly thing is only slightly crazier.
dvls_advocate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote
I'm just glad the match with the "I'm in a different league" girl is over. She just about destroyed the stereotype of the humble, self-effacing Japanese especially when she sang that little ditty at the end as everyone was still sitting around the table.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
dvls_advocate wrote:
I'm just glad the match with the "I'm in a different league" girl is over. She just about destroyed the stereotype of the humble, self-effacing Japanese especially when she sang that little ditty at the end as everyone was still sitting around the table.

She's from Osaka, so she woulden't fit the Typical Japanese stereotype in the first place. She's more of an Osakan stereotype.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
It's almost hilarious how they cut out every..."illicit" scenes of Hatsumi.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:39 am Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
dvls_advocate wrote:

She's from Osaka, so she woulden't fit the Typical Japanese stereotype in the first place. She's more of an Osakan stereotype.

this. When i watch Kenmin show, they show how Osaka people is very different tokyo people. Like people from Osaka are more outgoing , but Tokyo people are shy and reserved.

IF you want to learn alot of crazy things about Japan, watch Kenmin show.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:55 pm Reply with quote
My weekly Saki report: Episode 8: Nothing to report.

Monocole girl wears a real short skirt.

Can we get to the showdown between Saki and her sister already?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5