• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Sonico The Animation (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

We're over half way through the series already!
There's not a lot to talk about, but a nice feel good episode.
The animation was good and I liked the ED again, though it wasn't as good as last week but still pretty sweet.
Sonic needs to have some kind of alarm device inside her headphones to wake her up because she's quite the drip in the mornings. Laughing

What I'm really happy about is that next week looks pretty good - Suzu and Fuuri are back! The three of them provide plenty of laughter when they're together. Smile
Bango

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Such a peaceful episode sandwiched between two zany ones. I especially liked the NPCs in this one and how transient it all felt.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I really don't have a reason for watching this series, and this episode is strong in that regard as literally nothing happens. The episode has Sonico going on a spontaneous trip that she apparently started without an observation, and I guess throughout writing/humming a song which played in the ED. But perhaps that has a good part as it was kind of calming and felt good just go through normal stuff.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:46 pm Reply with quote
It gave me the same feeling Aria did. I wish more shows did that though seeing this I'm thinking I might enjoy it more if some shows had an easy-going slice-of-life episode, provided the pacing of the show allowed for it.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy they really made it. Definitely not watching. Laughing
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

Well... The episode was interesting. The characters were fun but the "murder mystery" plot was relatively weak. I guessed it was the spoiler[maid] about five minutes in, for different reasons other than the revealed spoiler[broken amp].

I really like it when Sonico, Suzu and Fuuri are given screen time together and it's a plus point for the series. I would like to see it head in some sort of direction however.

The ED was nice and I quite liked the statue before Sonico started jamming out to her own title sequence Razz
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I almost feel trolled this episode. I mean, if I spoiler[didn't watch after the ED song that is. So in the end, Ena was a decent detective. I thought this might of been a murder case at first judging by last week's week's PV originally lol.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Decent in some ways. I figured pretty quickly it was not a spoiler[murder since I saw the bottle]. Still my first thought was spoiler[the maid as she seemed to be hesitant in letting them play], but I did not catch the clue that spoiler[it was only supposedly locked because of what she said]. I was happy at the later reveal that the sister actually spoiler[did a good job as she was stalling them so they would miss practice and the maid could save herself from being found out as accidentally breaking the amp].

And another cool ED, they can do some nice work when given the chance.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Ep8 -

That was fun. I was rolling with the spoiler["there is no mystery"] idea so the post-credits bit made me smile. I was expecting a 4th-wall-breaking gag where she blamed the spoiler[blonde maid from the start just because she "didn't look like a background character."]

While this ED wasn't as cool as the zombies one I think it's 2nd best. My sub didn't have translation on what the girls were saying during the creation process but seeing the spoiler[statue come to life] was pretty cool. I also got to send it to some friends who don't watch the show but are big on 3D printing.

I'm dying to see Sonico's spoiler[Al Azif cosplay] next ep. Or that's what I predict it will be based on that one shot. If I were to give them all one, I'd have spoiler[Fuuri be Mora and Suzu be Kaigen or Saya. I would've had Sonico be Spica insteal of Al, but meh.]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:39 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 7

I really don't have a reason for watching this series, and this episode is strong in that regard as literally nothing happens. The episode has Sonico going on a spontaneous trip that she apparently started without an observation, and I guess throughout writing/humming a song which played in the ED. But perhaps that has a good part as it was kind of calming and felt good just go through normal stuff.

I wish we had more episodes like that because it reminded me of Aria where long segments of nothing important would happen, but it was serene and relaxing nonetheless. On top of that, I just enjoy travel episodes in general, like the one from Natsuiro Kiseki.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
I spotted a spoiler[Makise Kurisu] reference in the latest episode. Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFmGNqji4u0
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

I just loved everything about this episode from start to finish. Sonico cosplaying as spoiler[Makise Kurisu] was a huge highlight and executing the pose in Stark700 link. It's just one of those 'Cool Japan' things. Razz

Thank goodness she's got frontal pillows with the amount of times she was speared by her friends, poor Sonico.

Suzu and Fuuri dressing up as spoiler[Sonico] to help her out was real funny... Fuuri just can't help herself when it comes to food. She does look remarkably like spoiler[Sonico with pink hair].

The ED was very nice once again. They've really got the quality nailed down. So an enjoyable episode for me. Let's hope next week continues the trend. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:10 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

What got my attention at the beginning was that Sonico appeared to be playing spoiler[Bioshock 2], which you know was a spoiler[dream because she was playing it on] a Sega console. Somewhat interesting if we can guess that those are the kind of games she plays, or just interesting that a more Western game like that would make an appearance in an anime. Being followed by the spoiler[Kitty Rangers] made the opening scene quite entertaining.

There was no real reason to spoiler[pretend to be Sonico in the restaurant], unless there is some sort of Japanese custom having to meet everyone's expectations so much. And for the beauty contest, I go the general idea before hand that the amount of spoiler[food she eats would mean her figure would look] a little different to Sonico's.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
Sheer brilliance was what this episode was made of. Sonico cosplaying spoiler[Kurisu and Al Azif (with bonus West, Elsa and Demonbane cosplayers] in back) was pretty amusing, but her friends dressing up as spoiler[Sonico] made it for me. I laughed so hard when spoiler[Suzu pulled that huge wad of padding out of her bra at the end]. I also liked how the contest announcer and granny spoiler[figured it out pretty easily].

The opening bit ruled. So was never expecting spoiler[Bioshock] in my Sonico. For that matter I wasn't expecting spoiler[King of Fighters] in it either.

This episode ending was pretty neat in that it's the first one that I'd say looks like it'd be a normal anime ending rather than a music video. Fairly creative too.

Next ep looks like it'll be made of D'AWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwww
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Bango wrote:
Next ep looks like it'll be made of D'AWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwww

Episode 10

D'AWWWWWWWwwwww.... Smile Prepare yourselves for 22 minutes of Nyan! We've got another relaxing slice of life episode about.... cats. Now I like cats but spoiler[Rice the white Munchkin was just pure evil incarnate, biting Sonico and fighting with the other cats. By the end we find out why, so the kitten can be forgiven at least.]

Cats aside for a moment, Sonico gets to spoiler[cosplay as Hatsune Miku] for a photo shoot during the unveiling of a new racing car. Then also gets a spoiler[Halloween shoot with Ouka]. spoiler[Kitamura] also makes a brief and rare appearance.

And back to more cats... Sonico is going to turn into some crazy old cat lady if she keeps adopting every stray she finds. Sort it out girl! Laughing

The ED was interesting to say the least. Another art style as they seem to favour different ones each week. I prefer my Sonico less Neko-fied personally but she looked kinda cute.

More spoiler[Cosplaying] next week from the preview!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5